16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  gun arrived
mod11rem
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:45 pm  Reply with quote

Got the Citori White lightening that I bought from Pokerdand today. It's a beaut. 99% overall, looks to have been used very little, no wear marks or travel dings anywhere, beatiful wook, wonderful balance, a bit longer in the LOP than I'm used to but will be fine I'm sure. If the wind wasn't blowing rain about 40 miles an hour, I'd take it out today. If the box is original, it came from Cabela's and had a sticker price of $1629 so I feel pretty good about the $1195 + shipping and ins. I might could have gotten one a little cheaper if I had shopped more than 30 minutes. However, I felt good about buying one from someone on this board and had full confidence that I wasn't buying a pig in a poke. It has 5 choke tubes (Skeet, Imp Cyl, and full and IC and mod, steel)

It seems to be perfectly balanced for me and I'm already glad I got the 28" tubes. Can't wait to shoot it.

P.S. I'll never call it a "sissy tori". There's nothing sissy about this piece.

True to my word (almost) to the wife, I've now got rid of 2 of the 4 16's that I acquired around Christmas last year (one Win 1400, and the 870) before I got this one. So my net inventory is still down one gun. However, this one raises the overall quality and class in my collection by a good bit. Watch out clay birds, here I come.

Draht guy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:06 pm  Reply with quote

Glad to hear everything is working out. New guns are fun.

hoashooter
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:23 pm  Reply with quote

40 mph wind and rain stopped you from shooting a new toy Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
fin2feather
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:02 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, what are you, some kinda lightweight? Sounds like a beauty; enjoy, and shoot it in good health!

Fin

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
nossman
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:42 pm  Reply with quote

Congrats on your purchase. Sounds like a very nice gun.
TJC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:54 am  Reply with quote

Congrats, sounds like a very nice piece and at a good price.

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:45 pm  Reply with quote

What with the recent price hikes on 16 ga. Citori models, I seriously doubt you'd find one cheaper no matter how long you looked. Things have changed pricewise very quickly, even here in the 16 gauge challanged backwaters of New England.

Those folks hoping prices will drop appreciably might find themselves wishing they'd acted sooner. Come the first of the year, expect another jump I'm betting. I've never seen prices drop. they just seem to go up. So you probably got the last clean one on the short side of 1.2k.

Anyway, you already know my mind about this gun. You'll not see another 16 O/U as good at twice the price. Keep her clean, warm, and dry after a day in the field, feed her good fodder, and she'll serve you and probably at least 2 more generations of your decedents. Enjoy.
mod11rem
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:55 pm  Reply with quote

16gg, check out my post under "it's a keeper". the more I look, the more I think you're right. If I hadn't jumped on this one, I would have no doubt paid more. Like most guys, I'm a buyer, not a shopper. I found what I wanted and bought it, right then and couldn't be happier. However, as I stated, I felt a lot of confidence in my purchase right from the start because I bought it from someone posting on this board. Not that you can't sell junk on this board, you can. Just be sure to label it junk (like the blown up Sterly). thanks anyway, it really is a great gun.