16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Spartan 210 16ga
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:34 pm  Reply with quote

GJW, It should make little difference to you what others think if your gun shoots where you look with both barrels. Many of today's mass produced double guns don't put both patterns on the same place. Its a credit to BaiKal that this one does in spite of the weight, the utilitarian styling, and the low price tag. I'm certain Remington has nothing to do with this either. They won't even service them under warrenty. Shame on them.

I can point to many relatively expensive double guns, both O/U and SxS guns, that won't shoot where the rib points nor put both patterns within 10" of each other. Such guns are nothing better than pretty, overpriced junk.

I used to hear negative crud all the time about my favorite Browning Citori guns in any old gauge. Most shoot superbly dispite all the nonsense from folks who were unqualified experts with unfounded opinions to the contrary. Now the Citori 16 is the darling of the industry. I just shoot them and tune out the crud. you do the same with your Spartan.

Some day, if you find yourself with enough money to buy one, try one of the Citori Lightning 16 ga. guns. I think you will find it is all the 16 ga. gun you'll ever need and more. But that is just my opinion.
ermadear55
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:38 pm  Reply with quote

After the input from my highly respected friend 16gg I am even more excited that I now own a darling of the industry and I am relieved my darling daughter only has one barrel to deal with when shooting my Baikal Wink . I do want to get one of the new Ithaca 16s someday yet though. Sure glad I found this society.
Fluesy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:08 am  Reply with quote

Good Morning All-Just a quick note before I have to get ready for work, I own one Spartan. I also have a Baikal, so you might say I have two Baikals one of them being a Spartan. The first one is a 28 Gauge SxS, the second a 410 SxS. The 28 is a plain jane with a pistol grip stock, 410 is a straight stock ala english style. Both are built like the proverbial Brick S__thouse, neither what you could call beautiful. However, the 410 has a gorgeous piece of walnut with some fiddleback and figure throughout. Both shoot well enough I can break clays from a tire mounted thrower. The 28 does Doves really well, the 410 was a little late for that party. I place them akin to the woman who is a temptously robust, has a subtle beauty and can dance to any music the band plays. May not be the Elle McPherson type, but Oh Yeah can she follow your lead. There should be no shame in admitting ownership, both of these guns will get'er done if I do my part. I find the quality of materials very good, workmanship very good, fit and finish is solidly Russian. I almost forgot to mention, they both have sinlge selctive triggers and ejectors. Ya gotta spend a lot more to get the features these guys come with. That 16 Gauge Baikal may show up in the Gun Safe one of these days. Thank you for your patience with a rambling man too early in the morning with not enough coffee yet.
My $.02 Worth
Chet