16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Need Help Finding Browning
USAFA 71
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:53 pm  Reply with quote

I have pretty well decided that I can not be happy until I have one of the Citoris in 16 ga. but it has to be the right one. I need 28" barrels, and I have to have the satin-finish on the stock. I prefer the heavier all-steel receiver since it will get quite a workout on the clays also. I have heard rumors that the satin-finished Citoris(classic Lightning) were not made, and was wondering can anyone confirm or deny this? Does anyone know where I can find one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Very Happy
JORDO
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:06 pm  Reply with quote

The last run of Citori 16 ga.'s had one type that might fit your criteria-a Gran Lightning. These had very nice wood with the Browning round knob grip, black steel receiver, and 26 or 28 inch barrels. I have a couple of friends that have these and they love them. Also, I have the Scheel's Gran Lightning version with the same attributes, and it's a pheasant-whacking machine. I would assume that the new run has some of this configuration, but I'm not sure. Check with Bill Hanus (expensive) or Carolina Sporting Arms ( also expensive), but they may have the best availability, or possibly another board member has more knowledge of availability than I do.
Good Luck!
JORDO
Square Load
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:20 pm  Reply with quote

The White Lightning has a satin finished stock and steel receiver if you like the looks of a silver receiver, trigger guard, and forend release.

Dennis
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:22 am  Reply with quote

...or you could buy a standard Grade I lightning with 28" barrels and rub the the gloss down to a fine satin finish with soft cotton rag loaded with a medium grade of pumice powder and some rubbing oil. Mineral oil works well. So does olive oil. Neither will varnish up, and will clean off easily. Just go easy and slow. All it should take is an evening in front of the tube. Just relax and take your time. The finish will still be weatherproof but wiil have the look of a hand rubbed oil finish.
chopper
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:57 am  Reply with quote

Here are three options out on GA right now. I purchased my new White Lightning through GA.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976784563.htm

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976785579.htm
If you check on this one ask Charlie to send you some pix.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976771978.htm

I noticed some used citori's that are priced attractively right now on GA as well. If you call on #2 tell Charlie hello from Brad in Inidana. Good luck.

chop