16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  16 CZ Ringneck
Clay N Birds
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:44 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone know the actual weight of a CZ, Ringneck, 16 ga. 28"? Not the catalog weight....
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:16 pm  Reply with quote

Wood density will affect each gun--catalog weight is the average
Chris Preston
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:52 am  Reply with quote

I have a 16 ga CZ Ringneck (which is listed on the for sale section of this board) with 28 inch barrels that is 7 lb 3 oz on my kitchen scale. Nice gun, very good workmanship.
Chris Preston
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:04 am  Reply with quote

By coincidence, I recently bought an anib .410 CZ Ringneck at auction. I got the gun to the range Sunday for its maiden run. I'm here to tell you the gun shoots very well. It has 28" barrels choked full and full. However, there is enough outside diameter to have it tubed which I will. It weighs only 5 pounds, 13.5 ounces, but the long heavy walled barrels help it swing as smoothly as can be. I would not want it any lighter. I'm surprised it handles as well as it does being as light as it is. With 5 and 8 points of choke in each barrel and 3/4 ounce loads, it will be a quail killer for sure.

In spite of the full chokes, I was able to break 23 out of 25 first time up. I did have to shoot it premounted due to the slightly too long for me LOP. However, both bores look nice and straight and hit dead on. The clays just evaporated in mid air. The trigger is a bit too heavy, but that is a minor fix. The top mounted safety selector is a dead ringer for the Browning type and so far, works to perfection with nary a hitch or a hang up. It moves off safe and either right or left with just a flick of the thumb. I tried to get it to stick in the middle and couldn't. It just glides forward to one side or the other as slick as a buttered ball bearing.

Fit and finish are far better than even the list price would indicate. Frankly, I can't imagine why the owner sold it, but I'm grateful he did. Its a fine gun. I think I stole it for the price. I guess its true; everyone has some larceny in his heart when it comes to bargains. Very Happy

I'm now in the market for a 28 ga Ringneck with 28" tubes to pair up with the .410. If its as good as my present one, I'll be more than pleased. I think the Italian and Spanish double gun makers who produce lower range priced boxlocks had better take note. They are going to get stomped if these Turkish guns hold their present quality. If anyone is considering one of the 16 ga guns, IMHO, I can only say for the money, you will not likely find a better new double gun, period.
bustingclays
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:00 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen:

I have a 410 CZ ringneck choked IC/Mod and so do two others at my club. I am more than pleased as are the other two owners. I too, like 16gg, have kicked around the idea of a 28 ga ringneck, but I already have a 28 ga SKB 385 set.

have fun....

Dr. 16 Gauge
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:03 am  Reply with quote

Why not both! At the price, its hard to say no. Plus, for upland work, the Ringneck weighs less than the SKB guns. I'm always willing and happy to help another guy spend his money. Laughing

I've handled both 26" and 28" 28 ga. models. IMHO, the 28" guns swing and balance a bit better, but others might find just the opposite. I'd urge anyone to try them both and buy the one that rings your bell. Very Happy