16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Dog's (Jaeger's) first hunt........
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:57 pm  Reply with quote

Not being the most patient person in the world, and unable to wait another week for the opener, I took Jaeger to High Desert Hunt Club for his first hunt yesterday. He performed very well on his points and retrieves. The Chukar gave him a little trouble as they were launching on his approach before the point, but he was great on the Pheasants. I'm very proud of him and expect him to improve as the season continues. The photos aren't the best, but hey, I was concentrating on hunting! Wink Kind of difficult to see, but I'm holding 2 Chukar in the 1st photo and a Pheasant in the 2nd. Regards.

PS: Forgot to mention, the Merkel also did an outstanding job with Fiocchi Golden Pheasant loads. Smile

padre rich
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:13 pm  Reply with quote

Wow ! Your more impatient than I am . I almost went to Antelope Valley Sportamans club the other day but resisted temptation . You probably know it -just down the road fro HDHC. I hop eyou had a great time with that beautiful dog.
Blessings+++
Rich

Birdswatter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:07 am  Reply with quote

We're off for Chukar and Quail.......good luck to everyone on the opener. Let the lead and feathers fly.........
pudelpointer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:41 am  Reply with quote

I love the dog he looks like someone I spend alot of time with myself. Keep on him with the chuckers make him strech that nose a little and stop bumping birds. Experience and exposer are the keys for a birddog.And being he is a Pudelpointer he/ll learn quick.
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:58 am  Reply with quote

Thanks pudelpointer, hopefully he will get a workout on Chukar this weekend. I'll post results on Monday. Good luck where ever you are hunting.