16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Fallers Sporting Clays
bustingclays
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:44 pm  Reply with quote

Genlemen:

Decided yesterday to make a trek up to Litchfield IL and shoot sporting clays at Fallers Sporting Clays (just off I-55 and home of the Governors Cup Sporting Clays shoot). Left here about 9 am (Sunday the 19th) and was on station one with a 16 ga grI sissytori in my hands by 10:20 am. Good day all around except for that dang bottom firing pin - dented 1/2 dozen remington facory hulls, but did not fire them. Stock comes off tonight to look if buggered or junked up. This problem has cropped up occasionally for me before, but today it seemed in 2 boxes of shells that about every station there was one dent/click - grrrr....

I broke 87 - pretty darn good for me. Shot low gun, 28 inch barrels, IC and Light mod Briley extended chokes. Practicing for Russell next month Wink . Drew on station 11, the birds "flushed" out of the grass at about 20 yards and were out about 35 yards with stiff following wind - smoked all 8. Only had one stand where I missed 3 of 8 birds. Didn't count this in my score, but on the last stand made up some birds because there were some crossers that I doubled on one shot three times Shocked .

One of those days that comes around about once per year Very Happy

Dr. 16 Gauge
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:00 pm  Reply with quote

bc-that problem has been common in the Winchesters lately---reckon you have a weak spring???
bustingclays
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:51 pm  Reply with quote

not sure hoashooter - every once in a while in this gun with reloads I get a deep primer in reloads and it won't fire in the bottom barrel. When I move the shell to the top barrel it fires. Also, today was factory shells - first time misfires. I suspect that firing pin might be clogged up - will examine later

I did notice that with two shells in the gun and the action open (barrels pointed safely) that the shell in the bottom barrel was not level with the ejector - there was about 1/16 of ejector showing above shell brass while on top barrel no sign of this....

Dr. 16 Gauge
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:16 pm  Reply with quote

One of my skeet shooters recently bought a XS in 20 ga---can't talk him into a set of Kolars for the 12---anyway it wouldn't reset itself.I pulled the stock and was amazed/shocked at the amount of filings,trash mixed in with the heavy grease.I cleaned and lubed that puppy properly and now it works like a champ Twisted Evil