16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Ballistic Products INC
dennis
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:53 pm  Reply with quote

Has anyone bougt product from them and how did you like their service. I just got 400 1 once wads from them and 100 16 ga. hulls.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Highcountry
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:50 pm  Reply with quote

Dennis, BPI is one of the major suppliers of shotshell reloading supplies. My experience with them has been excellent. Midway and Graf & Sons are a couple more suppliers.

Hc

mackbrdhtr
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:18 pm  Reply with quote

I've been doing business with them since the late '70's without one single complaint.

Lot's of good components and manuals for all gauges, although (as with any supplier) not nearly enough choices for the 16.
Foursquare
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:00 am  Reply with quote

I've had good luck with their service. However, since their prices are essentially retail, I buy from them only when I can't find it elsewhere.

Grafs has many of the same products at a better price.

Pete

" .......you have learned patience and stubbornness and concentration on what you really want at the expense of what is there to shoot. You have learned that man can as easily be debased as ennobled by a sport....."
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:05 pm  Reply with quote

Ditto......They are good, I like Graf's better.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:01 pm  Reply with quote

For specialized loads they are unsurpassed for components.As for regular wads,etc. I think they are overpriced.I have dealt with them many times and have no bad complaints just read the above and keep it in mind Wink
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:10 am  Reply with quote

You can find much of the things they sell at far better prices elsewhere. Also, avoid their own reloading manuals. Most are dated, unorganized, and ambiguous. The manual will describe the componants needed and which shells they are best used in, then none of the recipes will call for that combination. Most are a very poor source of information IMO.
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:43 am  Reply with quote

Good customer service. I was mildly disappointed in their "The Sixteen Gauge Manual". Not enuff loads for Remington or Federal hulls. BPI sells Fiochhi and Multi Hulls mail order and the bulk of the data was for those two plus the Cheddite hull. Nor did I find the manul to be as "complete" as they hyped it to be.
311A 16ga
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:13 am  Reply with quote

BPI
They came out with the MULTI METAL 16 wad that made loading steel and HeviMetal 16 guage loads a snap.

Prior to this I had to resort to using their BP12 wad over a 16ga nitro card in ACTIVE 16 ga hulls to safely load steel loads (7/8 oz #4 steel, good for swat loads but not very effective for downing ducks). 15/16 oz #6 HeviShot loads kill ducks!

Also on another thread Fiocchi hulls got rapped for sticking in chambers after firing. My experence has been that BP's SPORTING 16 wads work fine but their TRAP COMMANDER 16 wad tended to bulge the Fiocchi hull due to the larger diameter gas seal at the wad base.
kb
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:23 pm  Reply with quote

I believe I ordered from them on a couple of occasions and had no problems. Decent customer service too if I recall correctly.
Regards,
Keith
cedar16
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:06 am  Reply with quote

I've purchased from BPI for many years--good service, no problems. Ive loaded the Trap Commander 16 wad in Fiocchi hulls in the past year without bulging the hulls. BPI has taken an interest in the 16 gauge for many years.