16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  WTB 525 Sporting
TripleH
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:58 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks everyone who reached out with information, I seriously never cease to be impressed by the knowledge and willingness to share I find in the folks who inhabit this board.

Happy to say I have a new addition on the way so the search is over. (This one is anyway....still need a nice SxS.... Very Happy )

Rob
16'er
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:53 pm  Reply with quote

For what the 525 Sportings have been bringing, this might be an option:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/683890067

I have a 16ga 525 with 28" barrels, and it is a fine clays gun for me. It's about 7lbs, iirc. It would take an exceptionally strong offer for me to part with it...
TripleH
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:24 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, I looked long and hard at that one, chatted back and forth with the seller a bit over e-mail.

I was hesitant to pull the trigger on it though....I wasn't able to find much in terms of any hands on reviews, found one where it was rated very highly in a "top 10" like list but other than that not much. I've also never held a riz in my life, I was concerned on how we'd match up. I own and shoot a few different lightnings, and have shot my friends 725 and 525 (albeit in 20 and 12 ga), so I had a comfort level there.

Also was a bit north of where I was hoping to land from a price point, and looks like one of those guns I'd have anxiety attacks about scratching Smile

I know they make fantastic guns, and knowing me I also know I would have probably talked myself into it if I wasn't able to find a 525.

If anyone here ends up taking that one home I'd love to hear about how they like it.

Rob