16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Chance encounters
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:58 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone who spend enough time logging miles through forests, along stream beds, or across the prairie no doubt experiences odd little events that according to the laws of statistical averages really should not have happened, especially more than once.

In my life, these occurrences have been strangely frequent. The recent discovery of an abandoned desk seems unique, but I used hard wood chair that I found on top of a sand dune in New Mexico as a post hunt photo prop as well. Then there are the trout I catch that have one of my unique hand tied flies still hooked in there jaw from one of my previous failed attempts. It get's weirder after that.

However, a few day ago I was hunting a remote wilderness location that I hunt every once in a while. I glanced down and in front of me lay the mangled remnants of a single leather glove. What makes this worthy of mention is that I lost the glove four years earlier but was unable to find it when I went back to look.

Why bother search? Well if any of you have ever had leather gloves that finally fit absolutely perfect, so ideal that they don't interfere with trigger work, you know the agony. Try as I might, the glove was lost...but not for all time.

The photo shows this glove, now chewed by squirrels, mice, or perhaps a bear that wanted to send me a message, albeit a tad late.

Who else has experienced bizarre circumstances afield? It seems that there should be a wealth of fascinating anecdotes out there.
[[URL=http://www.jpgbox.com/page/52483_512x768/] [/URL]][/img]