16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  New Sweet 16 Trigger Mechanism..
Brewster11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:13 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
Best guess they have right now is that it was delivered to wrong address and logged incorrectly.

If that happened here, we would write it off as stolen. Any package left on a doorstep or delivered to an unlocked mailbox is considered "community property." And we live in a somewhat rural area, albeit on the outskirts of a large metropolitan area. One of the chief culprits was caught red-handed a couple years back...turned out to be the substitute USPS deliveryperson!
B.
TripleH
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:24 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
What puzzles me is why the recipient has not contacted you. Your address is on the lost item I assume. There are all manner of avenue for that person to get a hold of you. I guess people just dont care any more

Yep - I was holding out hope on this as well, but it's now past the time I'd assume anyone responsible would have dropped it to correct address or even returned to sender. Leads me to believe it was likely just sniped out of the mailbox by someone hoping to score something of value. Probably opened it, was like "wtf is this?" and tossed it....

Ah well, life goes on. Hopefully will get in touch with someone at Browning today that can help me get a new one on the way.