16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Barrett Rutherford
airtoad
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:07 pm  Reply with quote

Picked up a Barrett Rutherford, produced by Fausti. Very well built, light at 6.3 lbs. Have about 500 shells through it, 3 Nevada Chukar hunts, 1 Georgia Quail hunt, and several rounds of sporting clays. If anyone was curious they should check them out.
Akoss1923
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:23 pm  Reply with quote

Congrats on the new gun! I am curious to know how they stand up over time and if Fausti parts can be swapped in if need be.

I almost ended up getting one myself but I found a Citori 525 field which fit me perfectly and decided to go with it instead.
skeettx
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:37 pm  Reply with quote

Hello airtoad
Welcome to the site on your first posting

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/barrett-sovereign-shotguns/barrett-sovereign-rutherford-16-gauge.cfm?gun_id=100935666

Enjoy and post often

Mike

airtoad
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:07 am  Reply with quote

Yes, the Rutherford surprised me....I'm a Browning addict, 5 BelgiumA5's, and 2 Superposed. Bought the Barrett so I wouldn't cry so hard when I dropped it on the side of a Nevada mountain. I like it so much I'm starting to baby it......not the intent.
Points and swings as well as my Supers, do like the screw in chokes, very light.
My one complaint is it is tight...not a bad thing, just thought it would loosen up by 500rds. Fausti makes a model called the Caledon, in the $2500. range, think the Barrett is just that model renamed. Can't really compare the Barrett to my Supers, but my Brother had his Citori 725 Field on one of the NV hunts so we swapped guns back and forth for the day. Barrett was lighter, build quality and wood he felt was better on the Barrett....within $200.ish price point.
Oh, and the frame is built on a true scaled 16ga frame, came in 26 and 28" barrels, I chose the 26"
Great option for those that want great quality, reasonable price point, light 16ga, that you can play rough with....just kidding, it hurts any time a scratch shows up on wood!!!
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:53 pm  Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. It sounds like a great gun. Don't baby it, use it. Be careful of course, but if it gets a little scratch from chukar combat, it's a badge of honor. The greatest disappointments don't come from a slip or fall, they come from surrendering to fear in the name of vanity. Hike on my friend, and continue allowing the 16 speak to a few birds.