16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Winchester 16ga hulls and aa blue wads
3macs1
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:35 pm  Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Just a heads up. In the new year I will be sadly selling off my 16 ga stuff. I planned on reloading until I was 90 but it looks like the old pancreas cancer got me at only 43.
I have a lot of reloading gear in all guages 410-10ga but loved the 16 and the 28 the most. I want to make sure what I saved for many years ends up with those who love the 16 as much as I do.
I have between 4000-5000 original aa win blue wads ( bags of 250) and probally 2000 or so of the old remington ones ( two different sizes). Also probally 500 once fired win compression formed aa's and a couple thousand of the purple federals.
mec jr 16 ga loader.
I will let you know when they will be ready to go.
I also have three flats of the orig win aa comp pheasant loads but I am in canada so probally will not be able to ship those.
I don't know right now if I can ship any of the guns into the US but am checking.
In 16ga there are two mint 1100's one full choke no rib and one i/c vent rib
two old style 870's one mint with a mod choke no rib and the other good used full choke no rib
two model 37 ithicas pumps full ck
one mint model 12
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:40 am  Reply with quote

Macs, my best wishes to you as you deal with that disease. It's a reminder to all of us that we shouldn't take good health for granted.

That's quite a treasure trove you have, both guns and reloading supplies. I'm sure some of the guys here will treat you right on the reloading stuff, and on the guns if you're able to ship to the States.
sprocket
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:14 am  Reply with quote

3Macs1,
Sorry to hear of your illness - wishing you & your family strength.

where in Canada? If shiping is difficult, could the ammo be hand carried over the border?

Sprocket
carpe dm
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:29 am  Reply with quote

[quote="Larry Brown"]Macs, my best wishes to you as you deal with that disease. It's a reminder to all of us that we shouldn't take good health for granted.

I too, wish you the best; you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:10 pm  Reply with quote

3macs1, What can anyone say to a fellow who is facing his own mortality. I can think of nothing that would make it any easier, except maybe, that you have known a joy in shooting and hunting that far too few folks will ever know in our time. I admire you for the matter of fact kind of courage you exhibit. Its a credit to you. I only hope I will be able to do the same when its my turn.

Isn't it ironic how folks who gravitate to the 16 ga also do so to the 28. The two go hand in hand like ham and eggs. I've always wanted a 16/28 barreled set. What an gun that would be. I doubt I'll ever see it.

I too love an Ithaca 37 16 ga. pump. Its a joy to carry and shoot. FYI, you can ship any gun to an FFL dealer if your state allows it; most do. If your state does not, then you can ship from an FFL dealer to an FFL dealer legally for transfer to anyone who can legally own a gun. So not to worry about that point. there is always a way.

Keep us posted as thngs go. We will be thinking of you. 16GG.
Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:39 pm  Reply with quote

I've got to say your post has had an effect on me. too. Yesterday, I was chatting with a nice gentleman in the parking area of a public hunting ground in southern MN. I never got his name, but our dogs were having a good time checking each other out, and he showed my his older 16 gauge SxS. Our chat touched on how nice it was to be out and how lucky we felt to be hunting, birds or no birds. I instantly thought about your post here and felt compelled to share your plight with this stranger. We had a long moment of silence, and I noticed he had that same "thousand yard stare" that I was having.

As a total stranger with a shared love of the outdoors, I hope and pray you can find a way to beat this thing.
3macs1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:08 pm  Reply with quote

The kind words and e-mails I have received are greatly appreciated. I have two brothers but both have no appreciation for guns or the outdoors. My dad and grandfathers all killed years ago in the coal mines. So I am the last hunter in the family. So sad to see this tradition die with me.
My collection to me is significant, 63 shot guns( no single shots), 14 loaders 410-10ga and thousands of old style hulls/ wads. I have been loading and stashing since age 13. Just threw out 3000 of the old rem hulls 16ga with the 57 primers that's how far back we go.
Funny you mention the 28 going hand in hand with the 16. my 28s are what I call my little sweethearts.All 6 of them including yes an original model 12. I actually was the only one at the club still shooting a pump in all guages. That is how I was shown to shoot many years ago..
At first they laughed at me one day when I stepped up to the trap field and took the skeet barrel of the 28 870 and put the full on. I loaded some heavy 71/2 oz for this to give it a try. We almost ran them 23/25 but I tell you get on them quick. After that is was 28 for everything even the 12 ga events. First they would not allow it but later did.
I was never sick a day in my life, no cancer in family, did not drink or smoke and ate right. Millwright by trade however so probally faced chemicals I didnot even know where there.
I have a 4year old french brit. She is the dog one would wait their entire life for. She is voice, hand and whistle trained and is just in her prime. What a hunter. She lays with me now never leaving my side.When she was small she would not work with pigions so I ended up having to raise quail to work her. Quail are not native to eastern canada and I was told they would never make it through the cold long winters. Well 4 years later I still had them and released a few hundred to the wild. This spring I had to give them up due to the sickness but for the first time we flushed two coveys this summer and seen a female with chicks. Made me feel real good.
When they say live every day like it is your last do it, don't wait until tomorrow to go hunting or shooting since we all never know what is facing us.
Kindest regards
Joe Smile
Jim McCann
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:50 pm  Reply with quote

Joe,

Obviously you are cut from the same fabric as the rest who post here. You're our kind of guy. Wishing you the absolute best of luck in your fight. I'm betting you are going to win this fight. I'll bet your dog is, too!

Let us know what we can do to help you.

Warm regards,

Jim
Aek29
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:11 pm  Reply with quote

Joe,

You have my best wishes and are in my prayers. I wish you nothing but the best in your fight.

I am in Eastern Canada, Nova Scotia to be exact, and I would be interested in giving a couple of your guns a very good home. I will keep an eye out in the New Year for your post on what you intend to sell.

Aek
b.randzin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:36 pm  Reply with quote

You are a courageous guy, best wishes and God bless

Bruce
nossman
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:55 pm  Reply with quote

Joe,
I wish you and your family the best of luck with this fight. My thoughts & prayers are with you. You are correct about not putting off for tomorrow, what we can do and enjoy today. I know this is true, as my wife passed unexpectidly in her sleep, on Nov 17th.

Rob
woodcock hunter
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:37 am  Reply with quote

Joe,
Please check your private messages,
quinletc
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:00 pm  Reply with quote

Praying you can beat it.

TQ
KyBrad16ga
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:10 pm  Reply with quote

I can only echo the other guys. You have alot of support right here. Good luck beating the cancer.

Happy holidays.

KB