16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  WTB: Merkel 1620 straight stock and single trigger
Dannyboy175
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:33 pm  Reply with quote

I'm being really picky. In addition to the single trigger and the English stock, I'm holding out for the 1620 (or 1622) but not the 1620E or 1620EL.

I have chatted with the double guns people as well as Merkel. The regular 1620 just isn't being produced any more. There is an option for a special order, but I'm thinking that this would be cost prohibitive.

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:45 am  Reply with quote

Talk about cost prohibitive, how about this 1620EL on Gunbroker. It looks like a beautiful gun, with my preferred configuration, but $8000, c'mon man.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/755263580

Popguns
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:31 pm  Reply with quote

I bought a merkel 1620 straight stock,single trigger from Lincoln smith at guns of the south,it’s been a while but he finds guns for people.
skeettx
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:14 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.gunsofthesouth.com/

Dannyboy175
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:47 pm  Reply with quote

I spoke to them a couple of years ago. They said that I would be able to special order one, but that sounds pricey to me. Technically, I never asked how much the special order would cost... so may be worth another call.

cowdoc87
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:39 am  Reply with quote

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/merkel-shotguns/merkel-1620-16-ga-.cfm?gun_id=101019125
Saw the grip off!

double vision
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:26 am  Reply with quote

Over the years I have seen the occasional 1620 single-trigger pop up, but not for a long time now. Usually they were pistol-grips, so you have a challenge indeed. All you can do is beat the bushes. Must be one out there. The other thought is to go the full monte and have it built, and fitted, and be done.
Two Pipe Shoot
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:25 am  Reply with quote

Gunners are wise to seek configurations designed to align/balance the hands for a proper chance at instinctive shooting. That’s why the English grip/ splinter forend, pistol grip/beavertail forend SxS’s are the standard from which derivations are built. Balance between the hands is crucial when your brain uses your visual hard focus to tell your hands where they need to be. If your insistance on a single trigger is not negotiable, toss the nostalgic SXS format and consider a fine O/U.

Reno

Dannyboy175
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:59 pm  Reply with quote

Dave Erickson wrote:
Over the years I have seen the occasional 1620 single-trigger pop up, but not for a long time now. Usually they were pistol-grips, so you have a challenge indeed. All you can do is beat the bushes. Must be one out there. The other thought is to go the full monte and have it built, and fitted, and be done.

I saw a Merkel 1620 with English stock and single trigger a few years ago on gunbroker, and I came on this board to inquire about it because I wasn’t familiar with the model. I wasn’t able to put together the cash and it slipped out of my grasp.

double vision
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:52 pm  Reply with quote

Dannyboy175 wrote:
Dave Erickson wrote:

I saw a Merkel 1620 with English stock and single trigger a few years ago on gunbroker, and I came on this board to inquire about it because I wasn’t familiar with the model. I wasn’t able to put together the cash and it slipped out of my grasp.

scenes from nightmares Smile
Cheesy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:00 pm  Reply with quote

Hazelwood, Mo Cabelas has a pistol grip single trigger 1620 listed for $3700 as of this week. Doesn’t help the OP but maybe somebody else.