16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Time & Loss
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:50 pm  Reply with quote

I started down this road pretty early in life. It seems that a third of my friends have always been 30-50 years older. Even so, this is the one facet of remaining alive that never gets easier.

If I have indeed provided a good reminder and it causes others to cherish what they have, my goal is accomplished. Judging by some of the thought left above, it would appear so. Thanks gentleman.

Paperhulls
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:22 am  Reply with quote

Dang man I'm sorry about your friend. May the circle be unbroken...
Gil S
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:28 am  Reply with quote

A year ago May I lost one of my best friends of close to 50 years of knowing him. He had been living on house money as his prognosis was only 6 months at the time of diagnosis. He beat that by 3 years. He weakened the season before dying and we weren't able to chase birds behind my dogs. On the morning of his funeral, just before I awakened, I had a vivid dream that he was outside smiling and waiting for me to load up the dogs before we drove off to chase released birds at Rocky Ford. It was one of those rare dreams that I can remember all of the details. The other handful are of my father. Gil
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:05 am  Reply with quote

So sorry to hear this. That totally sucks. You were fortunate that you got to spend those great times together, but if there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that change is constant, and nothing stays the same for long. Enjoy every day and make it count. Sincere condolences.

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
double vision
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:09 am  Reply with quote

Gil S wrote:
A year ago May I lost one of my best friends of close to 50 years of knowing him. He had been living on house money as his prognosis was only 6 months at the time of diagnosis. He beat that by 3 years. He weakened the season before dying and we weren't able to chase birds behind my dogs. On the morning of his funeral, just before I awakened, I had a vivid dream that he was outside smiling and waiting for me to load up the dogs before we drove off to chase released birds at Rocky Ford. It was one of those rare dreams that I can remember all of the details. The other handful are of my father. Gil

I think there's more going on there than dreams. Thanks for sharing.
8mmFan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:29 am  Reply with quote

That struck a nerve, Sir.

I'm really sorry that your friend passed young. Sorry for you, for him, and all of your loved ones.

You said it: tomorrow doesn't come with a guarantee. Thanks buddy.

8mmFan
Rking22
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:53 am  Reply with quote

So sorry for the loss of your friend. You should know that your post inspired me to join an old friend on a hog hunt. Not necessarily my fantasy hunt,but a chance to spend some time hunting with a close friend. Hopefully others will be inspired to spend time with friends ablnd family, don'wait for retirement or tomorrow for that matter.
Beautiful pictures , thank you