16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Fausti?
Hawkeyebowhunter
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:18 pm  Reply with quote

The more I look at the new Sweet 16's the cheaper they feel.

I already have a semi auto gun, figure it's time to venture into the O/U world and found the Fausti "Class" 16 gauge.

No retailers close to me that I'm aware of, anybody have experience with this gun or the Fausti Caledon?

Thanks!
studdog
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:42 am  Reply with quote

My wife has a Fausti Caleron. Good gun. Fausti did have to replace the entire action because of failure to fire issues. Gun is now perfect. Buy from a reputable dealer who will take gun back id problems.

WyoChukar
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:03 am  Reply with quote

Most autos feel cheap. Realistically, they are, despite the price tag. It's jut the way they are manufactured. Nothing wrong with autos though; my first shotgun was one and I really loved it (except chasing empty hulls for reloading). If the previous owner, a trapshooter, and I had not put enough rounds through it to actually wear it out, I would probably still own it.

The way I see it, now that autos cost as much as a decent O/U or SxS, a shooter might as well spend the money on something with a little handwork and craftsmanship rather than an amalgamation of stamped parts. It still amazes me that autos cost more than $500-$600. It used to be that an auto cost about $100 more than the equivalent pump gun. What happened? TV shows promoting the "fastest-shootingest-etc. model of all time" produced a gotta have it phenomenon; I guess. I will admit that the newer guns do perform a lot better in tough conditions.

Anyway, from what I gather, the Fausti guns are pretty nice. My only experience with them was a Fausti Traditions O/U, the cheapest one they ever made. It once belonged to a friend of mine and was solidly built and nice for the price, especially by today's standards. It didn't fit me at all though, so I couldn't really hit well with it, but that goes for any gun.