16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Bill Schwartz LC Smith genius.
T-Bird
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:00 pm  Reply with quote

My brother took his 20ga 1929 Elsie to Mr Schwartz for "restoration" he bought this gun a year or so ago from a guy that had it for a long time and shot it rarely. It looked good when he bought it. He got it back from MR Schwartz Sat. and it looks like he just bought it new. Case colors, blued everything that should be,_ WOW. I may take him my 1940 16 ga Elsie for a "makeover"! The reason I posted this here is that I have seen his name on this web site ( I think) for being an Elsie master, and I am affirming his reputation.
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:22 pm  Reply with quote

T-Bird,

How about his business address, and phone number now that you have a gun that was restored by him.

Please post some pictures of the restored L.C. Smith double gun!

I usually use Rich Painter for most all my L.C. Smith gun restorations, I have heard good things about this gentlemens work and would like more info.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
steve f
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:36 am  Reply with quote

Is this Bill Schwarz in Ellijay GA? If so, yes he is a master gunsmith. He doesn't necessarily specialize in LC Smiths, he restores and repairs just about anything from beater guns to high dollar rarities. The rust bluing and case colors are all done onsite, nitre bluing also. He showed me a Parker A1 Special he had restored and it looked crazy good to me. I'll throw in this about the bluing. He did the barrels on an old German gun for me, and the barrel flats were NOT blued over, they looked like they did when they came out of the factory (this is a pet peeve of mine when looking at reblued barrels). More importantly, lettering and engraving on the barrels was not polished away and was still sharp. Mr. Schwarz isn't active on the internet and doesn't do a lot of self promotion, he gets by on reputation. His number is 706-276-7668.
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:55 am  Reply with quote

steve f,

Thanks for the contact info and comments on his work. Sense Freddie Brunnner is doing limited work now I wanted another Master Gun Maker's number. To add to my list.

Some pictures of his restoration work would be appreciated.

Thanks
Pine Creek/Dave

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers