16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Looking for Load data.... Fiocchi PrePrimed hulls...
Trail
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:05 am  Reply with quote

Hi all.
I purchased some Fiocchi pre-primed hulls from Precision Reloading a few years ago, but sold my 16ga shortly thereafter. Just picked up a new SxS and now its time to load! I have the following wads and powders...looking for some data for 7/8 oz target loads...could go to 1 oz if needed.

Powders: Red Dot, Green Dot, 20/28
Wads: DR16, CB0078-16.

also, for future, I usually use W209 Primers...but I'm guessing those won't work in the Fiocchi hulls?

My loader for 16ga is a Lee Load All, so I can go 6 or 8 crimp. What do I need to do to pre-crimp these hulls?

Thank again,
Trail
Little Creek
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:57 am  Reply with quote

I looked at the 16 Gauge Reloaders Group spreadsheets to find a load using your components. You are limited to 7/8 ounce loads with the wads you want to use. An SG-16 wad is a lot more versatile. The only 7/8 ounce loads for your hulls and DR wads I found were using 16.4 to 16.9 grains of Clays powder. I have seen posts here about DR recipes, but don't know about the Fiocchi hulls.

Good Luck!
byrdog
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:54 am  Reply with quote

Nobel Sport primers fit Fio hulls and are comparable to W-209 I use 15 grns Green dot and the CB pink wad

If you take Cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like Prunes than Rhubarb does ----G.M/
putz463
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:20 am  Reply with quote

Not familliar w/Loadall's but on MEC's when I have new hulls I've found adding a thin washer to the pre-crimp to super-pre-crimp the first go round helps, Also for those first crimps on particularly stiff/stubborn unfired hulls (BPI green Ched's or the translucent Rio's come to mind) a little heat from a hair dryer also helps. Then business as usual for the subsequent reloads.

PRONGHORNSOUTH
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:38 pm  Reply with quote

+1 be real careful with the dryer, on the loading bench.
Give them a try as is. Lee will tell you the Load all isn't made to load new, uncrimped, hulls. But others here, have, and say they have no issues.
Maybe start another post with Loadall in the sbject line, and some of the folks that use them may join in.