16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  REmington 1100 EJECTOR
jswanson
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:55 am  Reply with quote

Has anyone ever changed the EJECTOR on an 1100. Not the extractor but the button ejector on the barrel extension?

Thanks

Joe

DanLee
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 am  Reply with quote

The original is punched into the metal. Replacing it would mean welding in more metal and shaping it with a file. What's wrong with your ejector?
jswanson
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:01 am  Reply with quote

First of all I have two identical LT 20's. One with a well defined ejector and one very worn . The very worn doesn't seem to give enough of a kick to reliably boot the spent hull. Fails about every 20 rounds or so. Spent hull hangs in ejection port. SWap barrels between the two guns and the problem follows the barrell.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome. Replacement 21" barrells are very hard to find. Wife's guns by the way.

You can buy the ejector from Gun parts for about $8 . the actual replacement is more problematic.

DanLee
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:29 am  Reply with quote

OK, I checked Kuhnhausen's book. The early 1100s had an ejector brazed or silver soldered into the barrel extension and then machined to final dimensions. Later barrels have the ejector formed by a swaging process. If you have LT barrels with Remchokes, it will be swaged. Kuhnhausen says these have to be returned to the factory for fixing. I still think you could ask a gunsmith or machinist if it's possible to build up the ejector by welding additional metal onto it, then filing it down.

If these are short barrels that came with youth stocks, they can be replaced with normal barrels. Ebay has a bunch.
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:48 pm  Reply with quote

I'd give Remington a call 1st ... Had the mounting / spacer bar on my 28 mag tube fall off . Called them , and after a friendly chat , they gave me a ticket number and sent them the whole gun . The estimate for the job was : replace mag tube with said bar , replace the mag spring and stopper , replace the action spring and stopper , and reblue the whole gun for 103 bucks . A virtual new 28ga gun for 103 bucks . They'd be inspecting yours for any unseen wear also . ( they also replace the action pull handle spring and ball bearing also , as I had a rubber piece holding the handle in !)

jswanson
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:34 am  Reply with quote

For right now I found a 21" barrel at Gun Parts for a decent price. (Wife like the short barrel.) So that's the short term fix. However, I think I'll call Remington rather than experiment. But if that doesn't work I'll give Mike Orlen a call and see if he can help. A spare barrel is not a bad thing.

WyoChukar
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:12 pm  Reply with quote

I put a 21" barrel on my 1100 back when I was in college. Loved it. The gun handled so nicely with it.