16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Chain reaction crash
Nasty-G
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 pm  Reply with quote

Idiots !!! Don't these people have any defensive driving skills ? DON'T FOLLOW TOO CLOSE & STAY OFF THE PHONE !!!

Nasty-G
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:53 pm  Reply with quote

I'M GONNA HAUNT THE BASTARD THAT KILLS ME WHILE ON THE PHONE !!!

last dollar
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:33 pm  Reply with quote

Needs help
Dave In AZ
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:36 pm  Reply with quote

Uhm... why is this post about some random car accident you didn't even reference where or why, sitting here in the "16GA General Discussion Forum"? Of course I know I could skip it, but OTOH guys could also refrain from posting random brain spikes of unrelated cr@p here-- that's what FaceBook and Twitter are for, or yell at your dog. It would be nice if this place doesn't devolve to that kind of content.
mtbirder
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:39 pm  Reply with quote

Dave In AZ wrote:
Uhm... why is this post about some random car accident you didn't even reference where or why, sitting here in the "16GA General Discussion Forum"? Of course I know I could skip it, but OTOH guys could also refrain from posting random brain spikes of unrelated cr@p here-- that's what FaceBook and Twitter are for, or yell at your dog. It would be nice if this place doesn't devolve to that kind of content.

I have viewed the seemingly older (heh, heh) Gentlemen on this site as a civilized group. Vintage 16 bores, classy setters, cheddite hulls, etc. - men who would never choose to yell at their dog(s).
Yelling at ones dog puts me in the same frame of mind as "nastyG" - only meaner.
Before choosing to raise your voice at your undeserving canine hunting pard, make the choice for facebook or Twitter...... Laughing
double vision
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:13 am  Reply with quote

A little clarification from Nasty G would go a long way. That said I'm guessing he had a close call with someone texting and driving. It's happened to me a number of times in the last few years. People drifting across the centerline while texting has set me off more than once. Now my hand is ready to blast the horn at anyone texting while driving!
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:33 am  Reply with quote

George I hope your OK! Be careful out there want to see you this fall in SD again, no excuses Very Happy . And when it warms up hopefully I can make a road trip and shoot some of those clay birds with you. I bet that I could even pick up that Dave Erickson guy on the way down to shoot with you if it is during the summer and he has time.

Nasty-G has been my neighbor in SD for more than a decade, at least for a few weeks out of the year. Talk about a small world... Couple of years ago the Admiral ended up buying a house a few blocks away when we lost the house we used to rent. But still get with George and his family for dinner a few nights a week. That was about the time he lost his wife to cancer, who he used to jokingly refer to as his first wife. He used that saying for around 60 years. Pretty sure he doesn't know what Twitter is or has a Facebook account.

He would never raise his voice at his dogs for something they didn't do. He not only raises some fine dogs but also some fine sons. This is one of his young bucks bringing us over some Prime Rib that he cooked for us.

Not sure why George picked the name Nasty-G he is anything but Nasty. Well if you double crossed him or lied to him you would be in a world of hurt. What you see is what you get with him he doesn't put on any airs of any type. And I like and respect him for that.
Dave In AZ
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:26 pm  Reply with quote

Well now, that turned out to be fairly interesting despite starting with a bit of road rage Wink
Nasty-G
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:18 pm  Reply with quote

I was referencing a big chain reaction crash I saw on TV news. I was a school bus driver and was constantly trained on defensive driving. The catch phrase was "GIVE YOURSELF AN OUT " !! Drivers were automatically fired if involved in a rear end collision !! Also no cell phones. Personally I see NO reason to be involved in a rear end crash. Plan ahead !! Leave a little earlier.!!. Put down the phone and newspaper ! Lipstick & makeup !!

Nasty-G
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:23 pm  Reply with quote

I was a school bus driver for 25 years. Automatic dismissal if involved in a rear end crash ! Constantly trained on defensive driving. GIVE YOURSELF AN OUT !! Put down the paper, coffee lipstick & makeup & phone !! Leave a little earlier. I see no excuse for rear ending someone.

Nasty-G
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:30 pm  Reply with quote

Just saw on TV a big chain reaction crash. Wouldn't happen if everyone would back off a little to give themselves an out. Put down the phone & paper probably would help as well as leaving a few minutes earlier ! Drive defensibly !! Nothing to me as my car isn't smashed up !!

double vision
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:30 am  Reply with quote

Based on the number of people texting and driving a person has to drive defensively now more than ever. You can generally spot them weaving side to side. Blast the horn and watch their heads snap up.
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:12 am  Reply with quote

I think it's generally a thing with the younger crowd. A couple of days ago I was driving down Rangeline Blvd in Joplin during rush hour and some late teen/early 20's guy was standing in the middle turn lane on a busy 4 lane road, middle of the block jaywalking. His head was down, thumbs flying, texting someone, completely oblivious to where he was. The only good thing about his situation was if an accident occurred, he wouldn't be taking out some other innocent driver. Wish I had an answer for people texting all the time and causing accidents. Maybe put a bounty on texters who are attempting to drive. Laws against it don't seem to work.

double vision
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:36 am  Reply with quote

It's not all young folks. I've had three middle-aged drivers drift right across the centerline, two women and a man.
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:21 am  Reply with quote

Nasty G,

I agree 100% defensive driving is a must today, IMO any one texting while driving should face the same criminal procedures as a drunk driver. Never ever Text and drive IMO it's criminal.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers