16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Smoke N
jswanson
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:32 pm  Reply with quote

Guys

I related a scenario where I ordered a case of 28 ga herters, they were confirmed and several days later canceled. When I called to ask why I was told they had been discontinued.

Now, scene II I order 4 CASES of estate 20 ga shell. NOt 40 boxes for 4 cases. The order for four cases was confirmed. What I just received was two large boxes packed with 20 individual boxes of 20 GA estate cshells and a ton of packing paper. What a PIA this is to deal with.

What can I do besides call some nit who really doesn't care and they will suggest I send them back for the items ordered.

Man I am ticked. I think Cabela's has gone to H-ll in a hand cart. I'm done.

Joe

hayseed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:47 pm  Reply with quote

Welcome to Bass Pro.
Woody402
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:05 pm  Reply with quote

jswanson wrote:
Guys

I related a scenario where I ordered a case of 28 ga herters, they were confirmed and several days later canceled. When I called to ask why I was told they had been discontinued.

Now, scene II I order 4 CASES of estate 20 ga shell. NOt 40 boxes for 4 cases. The order for four cases was confirmed. What I just received was two large boxes packed with 20 individual boxes of 20 GA estate cshells and a ton of packing paper. What a PIA this is to deal with.

What can I do besides call some nit who really doesn't care and they will suggest I send them back for the items ordered.

Joe

Did Cabelas ship to you directly. They told still not shipping to NY.
Upland Carpenter
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:38 pm  Reply with quote

It's pretty common knowledge things have changed for the worse at Cabela's but you knew that. Plenty of discussion about it right here. I guess I don't see what there is to get all worked up about. They didn't short you any product that you paid for and the individual boxes of ammo had packaging around them unlike some here who've received orders that contained busted open boxes of shells. I can think of plenty of more important matters to be upset about.

''Common Sense isn't common" -Lefty Kreh
jswanson
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:04 am  Reply with quote

[quote="Woody402"][quote="jswanson"]Guys

Joe[/quote]

Yes but I'm in florida at tthe time.

Joe

Did Cabelas ship to you directly. They told still not shipping to NY.[/quote]

jswanson
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:08 am  Reply with quote

Yes they shipped directly to me but I'm currently in florida not NY.

Another way to look at is the didn't ship me a 1000 loose rounds packed in paper to prevent damage. That would have been even more fun.

joe

Byron Whitlock
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:46 am  Reply with quote

It looks like Bass Pro is shooting themselves in the foot by dropping the Herters brand ammo. Many of us will go elsewhere to get what we need besides ammo.

CZ Ringneck
Win. Model 12
Rem M11
Stevens 235
byrdog
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:18 am  Reply with quote

Bass Pro is about boats and fishing gear so to see the ammo phase out is what I had expected. I read but can not confirm that the gun sales part of the business is still in Cabelas hands.

If you take Cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like Prunes than Rhubarb does ----G.M/
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:23 am  Reply with quote

our BP ALWAYS had a large shooting sports section . Before Cabela's . By joining forces , they are apparently going in the tank . They are missing a good opp !!

16gaDavis
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:29 am  Reply with quote

Our Legal team at the gun club perused the SAFE act looking for this ammo situation . Nothing in it states illegal to ship to you . However , the last line sez the transaction has to be face to face . Face to face what , the sales guy , a dealer , the UPS GUY !!?? The bigger Companies read this as : we're simply NOT getting involved . They take it to some really goofy levels ! Cabelas won't even ship to their own store . Others , like Gamaleils' will ship right to you . I've thought about testing the system and have , but the Herters just aren't FEDS !! Wish they were !

fin2feather
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:30 am  Reply with quote

I always take the boxes out of the flats anyway when I store them so I guess I wouldn't be too upset. However, I understand that you didn't get exactly what you ordered.

I hate this about Cabela's. I posted this on another site: I know some people who work very closely with Cabela's. They tell me Johnny Morris has a huge ego and he wanted to own the biggest company out there and that's what this is about. He doesn't give a crap about servicing the customer. I almost got banned for saying it; maybe the other site's moderator is John brother-in-law or something?

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:23 pm  Reply with quote

F2F,

Some forums have sponsors and Cabelas may have been a sponsor of that particular forum. This kind crap has happened to me also. Telling the truth can get you into big time trouble, on some of these forums.

Spend more time on the 16 forum and get rid some of the others, I did.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
duckdup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:27 pm  Reply with quote

Freedom of speech isn't always free on the web. Thank you 16ga forum...

An ounce of fives, the smell of nitro in paper hulls, wet gundog, and Hoppe's #9...
Citori_16
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:40 pm  Reply with quote

I've had recent problems with Cabela's and backordered items that were in stock when purchased all of a sudden being cancelled. Their customer service people can't/won't do anything about it and their Cabela's brand items, probably some of the best equipment I still have in my kit, is going away too.

I never thought I'd say it in my lifetime, but I can't advise anyone to buy from Cabela's anymore. I certainly won't be. Or Bass Pro for that matter.

There's plenty of other sources for the items I'm looking to buy. I may end up paying more, but probably not, Cabela's was never the cheapest place to buy anything, but they always backed everything they sold and that was worth the extra in my opinion.
jswanson
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:55 pm  Reply with quote

As to bass pro I have always look with favor on the Red Head Brand. Good basic out door clothing, decent quality, reasonable price. I buy maybe two hats a year fedora style khaki colored fabric ha. Current offering is not up to snuff.