16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  *UPDATE: ITS A GO!* Case Knife for 2019 *CHECK PAGE 8!!*
dannypratt
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:48 pm  Reply with quote

Still working on Pattern etc.

Will know price once I can get details back regarding trademark logo etc.

For everyone's information, PURPLE BONE is actually purple...looks reddish on internet pics, but I just saw one today, two actually. And it is indeed quite purple, just like a 16ga shell.

Hmmmm

Once I get things finalized, I will post that info here AND I will start a NEW POST with a pic, price, etc.

Everyone who has requested so far: I am recording your screen name and quantity requested. I will confirm this info via PM with each of you before ordering etc.

This is looking like it will turn out really nice. Very exciting.

cowdoc87
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:27 pm  Reply with quote

Count me in as well. Thanks for doing all of this Danny

case 1775
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:58 pm  Reply with quote

count me in.

JeffL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:06 pm  Reply with quote

Since you are tracking responses already, me too, please!
Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:07 am  Reply with quote

Is this the purple color we are talking about? I looked at the Case site and under “handle color” I selected purple and it pulls up two knives and they call it ultraviolet. Here is the link in case others are interested.

https://caseknives.com/collections/discontinued-knives?_=pf&pf_t_handle_color=cas-handle-material-color-group%3APurple

Good Hunting,
Mike
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:54 am  Reply with quote

Whatever you come up with, as long as it has the 16 ga logo, count me in. I do all my bird cleaning with shears, but likely would keep this knife just to have it.

flytyn
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:56 am  Reply with quote

Count me in. Thanks for your effort in making this happen.
goathoof
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:32 am  Reply with quote

I am in. Thank you.
Jim W
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:35 pm  Reply with quote

I would like one of whatever style is chosen. I have one of the original knives from a few years ago.

Jim W
dannypratt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:50 am  Reply with quote

Chicago:
That "ultra violet" was mentioned in a previous post as an option, but the actual Purple Bone was the color I was mentioning a few posts above. The official Case USA site is kind of screwy...they generally show the current year product line, and wont mention a previous year line still in production, but will mention a discontinued series. Pretty frustrating. The Purple Bone i saw should be available in the quantity we will need from the distributor I'm working with, but I'll know that for sure soon. It hasn't been decided to use Puple Bone yet, but it does look cool. Also, it may not be available in the Pattern we decide either.

I'll post a link shortly to the Purple Bone color, but it wont necessarily be the Pattern selected for the Knife Run, just a stock photo.

Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:33 am  Reply with quote

dannypratt wrote:
Chicago:
That "ultra violet" was mentioned in a previous post as an option, but the actual Purple Bone was the color I was mentioning a few posts above. The official Case USA site is kind of screwy...they generally show the current year product line, and wont mention a previous year line still in production, but will mention a discontinued series. Pretty frustrating. The Purple Bone i saw should be available in the quantity we will need from the distributor I'm working with, but I'll know that for sure soon. It hasn't been decided to use Puple Bone yet, but it does look cool. Also, it may not be available in the Pattern we decide either.

I'll post a link shortly to the Purple Bone color, but it wont necessarily be the Pattern selected for the Knife Run, just a stock photo.

Thanks Danny,
I was just trying to see what the purple would look like. My tastes lean toward a more conventional bone handle but I understand you are trying to find a good compromise for all the folks that have passed along ideas.

Have you decided on the knife model yet? At one point it sounded like we were thinking about a mini-trapper or copper lock, but I have not read what you have settled on and maybe you are still not there.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Good Hunting,
Mike
dannypratt
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:16 pm  Reply with quote

Hey fellas,

Well, so far we do have the OK for using the 16ga Society trademark logo, which is GREAT!
This is purely thanks to S_Long, and he has been super helpful. He really deserves more thanks than we give him, and I do know we all do give him thanks for all he does here.

On to the knife Pattern:

By utilizing the logo, and placing it on the bolster instead of the blade (which the majority prefers and I do too) I believe our best options for a knife Pattern are:

Mini Copperlock, Russlock, Saddlehorn, Canoe, or Trapper

The Trapper is a pretty big knife, but then again it has two excellent hunting blades.

The Russlock is really nice and exceptionally designed as a one hand opener, but in a very vintage way, it contains a very unique blade, and lends itself perfectly for birdhunters.

The MiniCopperlock is not "mini"...its an excellent size locking pocket knife, with a great blade for hunting, and is very easy to open

The Canoe is very vintage, and would be a really nice companion to any 16ga gun, however, it does contain (usually) a spear blade and a pen blade....not ideal for hunting applications but very good for everyday use

The Saddlehorn is an excellent pattern for a small game knife. It features a similar blade as the MiniCopperLock for the master blade and an excellent skinning blade. It is very unique, but a very vintage pattern.

As far as Handles, I'm thinking:

Autumn Bone, Amber Bone (classic, same as original 16ga knife), Vintage Smooth Bone(really nice), Chestnut Smooth Bone, Bone Stag (really nice), Purple Bone, or Buffalo Horn (exceptionally nice)

The last two handle styles are the toughest to get in quantity, which is a bummer.

Ok, I will try posting examples later but you can also browse here:
https://www.casexx.com/Handle/HandlePageFH.asp

Hammer bill
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:30 pm  Reply with quote

I would like one myself if it has the gut hook.

But whats the price. Im not the type that can throw money at toys just because it glitters.
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:33 pm  Reply with quote

If it has a hut hook I want one. Depends on price . O don't throw money just because it a fad.
Gil S
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:39 pm  Reply with quote

in if it has gut hook.