16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Dads old 16 ga. Stevens 94c. Second chance!
NW BIRDHUNTER
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:06 pm  Reply with quote

Almost 50 years ago, as a young boy I was mesmerized by my fathers Stevens 94c 16 ga. single shot shotgun. He kept it in his and mom's bedroom. I always dreamed of being able to hunt birds someday, and I would frequently ask my father if I could see the gun and usually he would let me see it after dinner. Years later when I was a teenager (extremely young and dumb) I ruined the gun by cutting the barrel and stock down. As I got older and my father passed away I really regretted ruining the gun.(It has huge sentimental value) Recently I stumbled onto a original 94c 16 gauge barrel and matching walnut butt stock. It was a spot on match. After assembling the gun she is back to her old glory and looks as good as ever. God gives second chances and I am extremely pleased. I am planning on passing it down for generations to come!

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:45 pm  Reply with quote

NW Birdhunter,

Nice story of restoring the old gun, my family is long on tradition and I fully understand the guns value to you. Most all my L.C. Smith guns have been handed down thru the family for numerous generations, glad to see someone else that takes his father's gun and the memories it provides seriously.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

[URL=http://www.jpgbox.com/page/56665_640x480/] [/URL]

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
skeettx
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:51 pm  Reply with quote

NW BIRDHUNTER
YES!!! Way to go, Smile

Mike

Chukar60
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:01 pm  Reply with quote

My dad was a gun nut to some degree. When he quit hunting and before he passed he decided to distribute his collection to his 6 sons.
He gave the oldest first choice and on down the line. I being the youngest, got last pick on the first round and first pick on the second round.
When I went to visit the folks Dad took me out to his gun room and I expected to be able to choose my first gun.
He handed me his Ruger M77V Bicentennial edition in 220 Swift and said this is your first pick. This is yours because you made the most amaxzing shot on a rock chuck I have ever seen with this gun.
Then he reached into the rack and pulled out a Ruger M77 Bicentennial 243 carbine out and said this is yours because it matches your first pick.
I have always treasured those two guns.
Unfortunately, in an effort to make the 243 shoot better I relieved the stock so the barrel would free float. I screwed up the job and ruined the stock.
3-4 years later, a friend ran across a short action Ruger stock that was in perfect condition. I was able to rectify the situation and am happy that I was given the chance to fix it.