16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  CZ Sharp Tail
LenNelly
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 am  Reply with quote

I’m looking for a newer 16 with exchangeable chokes and wondering about the CZ Sharp Tail. Is this a viable gun? I will appreciate all opinions. Thanks.
Byron Whitlock
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:59 pm  Reply with quote

i have the CZ Ringneck, which is the predecessor of the Sharptail. It is a great gun which I use for my 12ga entry(eve as a16) but it is on the heavy side to carry chasing pheasants all day.

CZ Ringneck
Win. Model 12
Rem M11
Stevens 235
LenNelly
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:41 pm  Reply with quote

Somehow I double posted the thread. The other half has more activity. I’ve decided not to go with the Sharp Tail because it's a bit heavy and lacks the chokes and double triggers that I would like to have.

I’m leaning toward a Rizzini now.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:56 pm  Reply with quote

LenNelly wrote:
Somehow I double posted the thread. The other half has more activity. I’ve decided not to go with the Sharp Tail because it's a bit heavy and lacks the chokes and double triggers that I would like to have.

I’m leaning toward a Rizzini now.

A release trigger or better yet a PFS stock will take care of that flinch you know...

In the next couple of days I will post in the other thread. But you are wrong from your statement of purchasing a Rizzini, you are looking at a FAIR, or I. Rizzini.

Around 15 years or so Battista Rizzini sued his brother Isadoro Rizzini for the rights to use the name Rizzini in the US. And won. You are looking at a FAIR or correctly an I. Rizzini. I have 2 B. Rizzini guns and 3 FAIR guns.

And my CZ Sharptail 16 ga. shipped today with 48 hour FedEx shipping for $15 through the LEO\Military program.

There are a lot of factors you have decide on what is important when you are deciding on a gun. And they are a lot of individual preferences.

1-3" of snow on Saturday but you can bet I will lock in the hubs to pick up the CZ. And don't miss the fact that I have to get out and do it manually. Will take a couple hundred rounds to get a feel for it, but thousands to know the reliability part with the new hardened steel, coil instead of leaf, etc.

See you in the other thread in the next day or 2 for what it is worth and what you paid for it Very Happy
LenNelly
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:11 am  Reply with quote

Yep, I mean F.A.I.R. or I Rizzini. The I. Rizzini 16s seem (so far) to be a better fit for me.

I own no Rizzini guns but overall they look great. What is it that makes them appealing to you? Are any cast neutral? Since I now shoot left handed this is a very important question.

Wow, late April snow. Be careful on the road. What is the LEO/ Military program? Are/were you law enforcement or military?

Best,