16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Loading for a MF shotgun...
MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:27 pm  Reply with quote

Ooh La La . . . . What a nice set-up with all those Manufrance products working together. You have made a beautiful réunion! You sentimental fool, you!

Gee, I have lusted for a Manufrance Ideal. Yours is really a nice one, Gil (or should that be Gilles?). The last Ideal I played with was at William Larkin Moore, and it had the famous binocular or double lunette trigger guard -- I guess you could call it an avant guard! However, the beautiful round shape of the frame had a cheap-looking French gray surface treatment which more than neutralized my urge to own it. If only I could have one that was really nice like yours Gil, barrels not too short, not too much drop, with the retractable carry sling intact . . . . plus a Citroën Traction Avant for a hunting car . . . and maybe even a DS to get les filles, I'd never want anything else!

I never get anything I want! . . . .
canvasback
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:49 pm  Reply with quote

MaximumSmoke wrote:
Ooh La La . . . . What a nice set-up with all those Manufrance products working together. You have made a beautiful réunion! You sentimental fool, you!

Gee, I have lusted for a Manufrance Ideal. Yours is really a nice one, Gil (or should that be Gilles?). The last Ideal I played with was at William Larkin Moore, and it had the famous binocular or double lunette trigger guard -- I guess you could call it an avant guard! However, the beautiful round shape of the frame had a cheap-looking French gray surface treatment which more than neutralized my urge to own it. If only I could have one that was really nice like yours Gil, barrels not too short, not too much drop, with the retractable carry sling intact . . . . plus a Citroën Traction Avant for a hunting car . . . and maybe even a DS to get les filles, I'd never want anything else!

I never get anything I want! . . . .

Gil never seems to do anything by half measures. That's a great collection of MF gear he has assembled.

I am one of those two gentlemen who helped Gil find his Ideal. He was a very patient man....these searches can take a long time, plus at Gil's request we had a little "maintenance" work done to the gun before it got to him.

I have one in 12 gauge and it's a dream. I keep looking for just the right 16 to be it's stable mate and someone has just last week put me onto a 10 gauge that he says could be a twin of my 12.

1925 Ferlach 29" 6 lbs 7 oz
1923 Greifelt 29" 6 lbs 1 oz
1928 Simson 29.5" 6 lbs
1893 Lindner Daly FW 28” 5 lb 11oz
Gil S
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:47 pm  Reply with quote

MS, a fool and his money shall soon part. I have a third degree black belt in foolery.
Since I got my gun out of France it has become even harder under new laws in France.
I was telling CB the other day about the Bruno crime book series by Martin Walker. Bruno is the chief of police in a fictional small town in the SW of France. He's a Croix de Guerre medal winter for service in Bosnia. He hunts becasse with a Manufrance double and was left a Purdey by a late WWII aviator who was part of a Free French squadron that flew Yaks on the Eastern front for the Russians during WWII. There's so much cooking, eating and wine drinking in the book that I gained 10 lbs. from just reading the dozen or so books. Gil
MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:13 am  Reply with quote

Thanks, Gil S. I will definitely have to check out that crime book series by Martin Walker.