16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  New to me 9000G
rdja
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:02 pm  Reply with quote

Picked up and very lightly used 16 ga 9000G. Putting it together I noticed that no where in the packaging is the rubber grommets and brass washer for the powder and shot bottles. Instructions say brass washer and rubber grommet for the powder, and rubber grommet for the shot bottle. But I have read here that the grommet for the shot bottle should be left out since it has the charge bar with the rubber piece.
Where is the best place to buy replacements?
mike campbell
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:48 pm  Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by mike campbell on Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
GWP
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:51 am  Reply with quote

I have four MEC loaders and use the rubber in all of them. I have the adjustable bar on one and it has the inserts as well. I still use the rubber with it. The thin brass dished washer is a must have for the powder side. That cured most of the problem with small powder.
Congrats on the 9000. I bought one for 12 gauge, then started shooting 16's all the time. Go figure. I may pick one up in 16 as we are doing more trap shooting with them these days. I have the progressive, it just is not auto indexing. More toys!
rdja
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:19 am  Reply with quote

Mike,
Thanks for the link. I ordered a set of each grommets and washers. Shipping cost more than the product!! You would think they could throw them in a padded envelope for much less. Oh well it was pretty easy and overall cheap.

Now to pic out a load. I got a bunch of DR16 wads so I am thinking of using RGL hulls International clays and 7/8 oz of shot. Right off the Hodgens website.

Also have some Fiocchi hulls, may make a 1 oz load from them with Rem SP 16 wads. Of maybe it should be the other way around, I try a few each way and see how it goes.

Thanks for the input.
mike campbell
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:40 pm  Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes