16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Browning Steps up
rdja
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:34 am  Reply with quote

Some may remember the thread I had on my first impressions of my new A5 16 ga, and that the stock cracked just behind the trigger. I sent it to Browning and been following the online service tracking and the stock is on back order. Its been a couiple weeks of back order status. So I called the number that popped up when I clicked on the backorder tab. Spoke to a very nice man and asked if they had any clue of when the stock might be available. After a very brief hold, he came back and told me that the back order had no foreseeable end point. Then asked if I would accept a new gun to replace it, knowing that most people are wanting to shoot and get ready for dove season. I did not have any sentimental attachment to the gun so was happy to accept that offer. Will take a couple of weeks to get all the paperwork done so it can be shipped to me without an FFL. He said I had been more than patient and thanked me several times for my patience.
I think that is pretty good service, and he was so nice to speak with. Pretty happy.

Nate
Bret
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:19 am  Reply with quote

I have had similar experiences with Browning. I have gotten to know many of the folks that work there over the years. It is too bad it took so long, but I'm glad they got you set up.

I have an old Superposed up there being rebuilt right now. They aren't speedy about their service, but when I get it back, it is always better than expected.

I'm patiently waiting impatiently. Laughing

https://bretwonnacott.com/
A Millionaire's Dream - a novel
hayseed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:35 pm  Reply with quote

We always hear when service is bad. Good to also give credit where credit is due.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:26 pm  Reply with quote

Can't help but wonder how long it would have been if you never called--Browning has a reputation for long wait periods------How about a little customer communication??Can't they call/email us----Kolar is OUTSTANDING FOR THIS!!!Browning REALLY needs to up customer communication------Other than Sparta I 'm really disappointed in their service/time ----
John1
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:18 pm  Reply with quote

My 1987 Citori 16 is at the Browning repair center right now to address a FTF issue
with the bottom barrel. i'll let the forum know how that works out if there is any interest.

John.
double vision
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:58 pm  Reply with quote

rdja wrote:
Some may remember the thread I had on my first impressions of my new A5 16 ga, and that the stock cracked just behind the trigger. I sent it to Browning and been following the online service tracking and the stock is on back order. Its been a couiple weeks of back order status. So I called the number that popped up when I clicked on the backorder tab. Spoke to a very nice man and asked if they had any clue of when the stock might be available. After a very brief hold, he came back and told me that the back order had no foreseeable end point. Then asked if I would accept a new gun to replace it, knowing that most people are wanting to shoot and get ready for dove season. I did not have any sentimental attachment to the gun so was happy to accept that offer. Will take a couple of weeks to get all the paperwork done so it can be shipped to me without an FFL. He said I had been more than patient and thanked me several times for my patience.
I think that is pretty good service, and he was so nice to speak with. Pretty happy.

Nate

Good deal!
Old16ga
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:55 am  Reply with quote

John1 wrote:
My 1987 Citori 16 is at the Browning repair center right now to address a FTF issue
with the bottom barrel. i'll let the forum know how that works out if there is any interest.

John.

Let me guess. Remington Game Loads?

My other shotgun is a 28!

The 28 Gauge Society