16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Roof loss again!!!!!!!
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:50 pm  Reply with quote

Everyone has ask about the availability of the dr-16 , I called today , guess what the storms took the new roof off of the plant once more .

Be a while folks .

Best regards , Nick
skeettx
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:34 am  Reply with quote

Nick
Thank you for this research !!
Mike

bobski
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:24 am  Reply with quote

huh wauuh?

Range Owner: Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm, Mo
double vision
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:15 am  Reply with quote

I've got so many bags of DR-16's squirreled away that I should be good for a long, long time. (My wife isn't too wild about all those wads in the basement.)

Once you've been involved with the 16 gauge for a while you learn to stock-up on reloading components or cheap shells because you never know when they will go away.
fn16ga
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:39 am  Reply with quote

Dave Erickson wrote:
I've got so many bags of DR-16's squirreled away that I should be good for a long, long time. (My wife isn't too wild about all those wads in the basement.)

Once you've been involved with the 16 gauge for a while you learn to stock-up on reloading components or cheap shells because you never know when they will go away.

+1
Brewster11
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:38 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:

...which is true of course, but isn't that the same reasoning behind all collectors...and hoarders...of all kinds of cool stuff? One of my favorites is the two wheeled Gravely lawnmowers - once knew a guy who had over a dozen of them, and a yard full of awesome accessories, including a sawmill. Think most of the stuff ultimately ended up in the scrapyard.

B.
double vision
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:38 pm  Reply with quote

Brewster11 wrote:
Quote:

...which is true of course, but isn't that the same reasoning behind all collectors...and hoarders...of all kinds of cool stuff? One of my favorites is the two wheeled Gravely lawnmowers - once knew a guy who had over a dozen of them, and a yard full of awesome accessories, including a sawmill. Think most of the stuff ultimately ended up in the scrapyard.

B.

Yes and no. I understand what you’re saying but a guy with a dozen lawnmowers and accessories or a lady with 500 pairs of shoes is a little different then a savvy 16 gauge reloader stocking up on nice wads that allow you to load light loads without a filler. I’m pretty sure I have a lifetime supply and won’t need to spend any money on wads now in my retirement. Hope so!
skeettx
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:42 pm  Reply with quote

I think that I only have 10,000 DR-16 wads
plus 20,000 of other 16 gauge wads.
Might last a while, I hope Smile

Mike
double vision
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:50 am  Reply with quote

skeettx wrote:
I think that I only have 10,000 DR-16 wads
plus 20,000 of other 16 gauge wads.
Might last a while, I hope Smile

Mike

That all? Wink
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:51 am  Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, I tried calling Kevin twice last week I hung up the first time when it went to voicemail and the second I let it go to voicemail and it said his mailbox was full. Worked with Kevin back when he was first starting out and he would have me test cold weather loads for him up here in the winter. In fact Dave Erickson helped me find some of his 7/8 oz. 12 ga. wads on the skeet field I tested about 13-14 years ago after I shot them. Have Kevin's cell phone number in my work email someplace but never got around to digging it up. When the dust settles going to have to call him and see how he is doing, been too long since I've talked to him.

Dave Erickson wrote:

My first thought is your basement that got flooded this Spring and all the work you went through. Second thought is if I ever do run out I know who to ask Very Happy I've got enough to last a couple of years yet but just never know...
double vision
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:54 pm  Reply with quote

Cold Iron wrote:

My first thought is your basement that got flooded this Spring and all the work you went through. Second thought is if I ever do run out I know who to ask Very Happy I've got enough to last a couple of years yet but just never know...

They are all in the boat garage until our basement is re-remodeled. Ugh...
dannypratt
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:22 pm  Reply with quote

Brewster...

Dont be letting these guys call a Gravely a "lawnmower"....that's simply heresy...whether a two wheel or four wheel models.

And for Godsakes fellas....if you love the 16ga, go professional in your outdoor equipment too! Find an old Gravely (not these modern zero turn scooters) and discover what life is really all about!

bobski
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:53 am  Reply with quote

I got 3000 sp16 purples and even with that I feel I have too many. I haven't lit off a 16 in years.

skeettx
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:08 am  Reply with quote

Well, Son, that is too long Smile

Are you in va, ct, mo this week????

Enjoy the day

Mike

bobski
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:24 pm  Reply with quote

we be waitin' to see if we get any of the hurricane here in va.

issue with all my 16ga stuff is this. it takes so long to hoard it all up...what happens is you remember how hard it was to get it all and you don't want to use it up.
lol.
heck I got 1000 factory rem 16's and 1000 reloads I still haven't shot up in 10 years. I even stocked it at my range and I had just one person buy 5 boxes for a match in 9 years. heck, I gotta recrimp it all soon its been sitting so long.