16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Load for new Cheddite Hulls
RangerG
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:14 pm  Reply with quote

I've been loading new, primed Cheddite hulls with either 21.5 gr Unique or 23 gr Universal, SG 16 wad and 1 oz shot. 1275 FPS. 9600 BPI
Both powders use the same bushing.
Either load works very well.
GrizzLeeBear
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:31 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies guys! I have not been able to do any reloading yet. When I started this post I was in about my 3rd week of a bad case of the shingles. As it turns out I am one of the "lucky" 15% of shingles sufferers that develops postherpetic neuralgia. Which is nerve damage where the rash was. The shingles are gone (I actually didn't have much blistering) but as the rash faded it was gradually replaced with excruciating pain. I am currently taking 1800 mg of gabapentin a day and using lidocane patches in order to even wear a shirt. And I can only use the patches for 12 hours a day. I have had a few bouts of gout in the past, and if you have had gout you know how excruciating that is. I would much rather have had another gout attack than this! That how bad it has been.
I could go on with all the things I have tried to deal with this pain, but long story shot, I am dealing with it and am really trying to get back to being more active. I was kidding with my wife the other day and asked her "I am only 53, why do I keep getting all these "old man" afflictions?" LOL
Anyway, I did get some DR16 wads from a member here who gave me a great deal on them (thanks Byron!). I also need to pick up a bag of shot before I can load any. I have been able to pick up some Federal 1 oz. #7.5 factory shells, so after I shoot them up I will also have some purple hulls to reload, too.
putz463
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:31 am  Reply with quote

Ouch, glad you're on the mend.

Look forward to hearing how the reloads run out for you.

harkom
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:41 am  Reply with quote

Hope your recovery proceeds well. Thank you for recounting the downside of shingles - puts me in mind of getting vaccinated as am now in the "age group" of susceptibility.

Have fun reloading.

harm.
harkom
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:42 am  Reply with quote

Hope your recovery proceeds well. Thank you for recounting the downside of shingles - puts me in mind of getting vaccinated as am now in the "age group" of susceptibility.

Have fun reloading.

harkom.
harkom
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:42 am  Reply with quote

Have fun reloading.

harkom.
harkom
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:43 am  Reply with quote

Have fun reloading.

harkom.
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:43 am  Reply with quote

John Singer wrote:
MSM2019 wrote:
Instead of a Cheerio, way not just buy the correct wad for 7/8 and get it over with.

The Downrange DR-16 with all the other components you have will work just fine.....and no Cheerio.

I load new Cheddites on my 9000G with the DR-16 with no issues .

While I liked the DR 16 wad for fit with 7/8 oz loads, I found them to be very inconsistent in Cheddite hulls.

I had many blooper shots with DR 16. I never experienced this with Claybuster or SG16 wads.

Agree. All I use now are the claybuster. I flare the powder cup in a way they do not retract back so to stop powder creep. Also a heck of a lot cheaper than the DR.wad. much much cheaper.