16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  I Give Up
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:21 am  Reply with quote

RGuill96971 wrote:
Had a similar problem with gun clubs( reloads) found out that resize ring was to low and flattening out the brass head to much. Slight adjustment and back in business. They would fire just fine but the extractor would jump past the rim and leave the shell stuck in the chamber. It would be neceissary to use a cleaning rod to remove fired shell.

I agree . Ive never had any problem with any fio after i made adjustments. Ok fo mod 12, citori 585 & 325, lc, meridian , guild all 16 ga.
casebro
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:32 pm  Reply with quote

I needed to pull the barrel and hammer the blooper stick to get one out. I figured it didn't get sized. That was Rem 11, 7/8. 20gr umm Green Dot? Pretty snappy.

A couple years ago I loaded Cheddites a dozen times. I need to go through my log, see if that was a low pressure load? I suspect there is a threshold of pressure. Stay below it, good hull life. Exceed it, don't bother picking them up.

But bloo-pers tooo... I've got a coupe bags of BPI, sg16(?) coming. A nickle a peice with shipping....

Dying with all ten fingers is like dying with money in the bank- you could have had more fun!