16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Rizzini Iside
hunterdau2
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:44 pm  Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the Rizzini Iside 16 gauge is made on a true 16 frame or is it on the 12 gauge frame ?
double vision
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:48 am  Reply with quote

It's a 12 gauge frame. I just compared my 16 to a friend's 12. If those things bother you then keep looking.

The AyA below is also a 16 gauge. I like them both and my Iside handles the heavy lifting to include stiff loads and lots of clay targets, yet it's only 6 lbs. 3 oz. and the AyA is 6 lbs. 5 oz., both with 30" barrels.

A more robust frame is sometimes a friend.

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/po1c9igIj] [/URL]
[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pn1Kgc8rj] [/URL]

Smile
rkittine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:57 am  Reply with quote

Are you sure? My 16 Gauge Iside frame looks smaller than my 12 gauge and I was sure that John Boyd (the dealer who was in business in Houston when I bought it from him) said that it was a proportional frame. I will have to see if I can track him down.

I just sent him an E-mail and will see what he says.

Bob

16 Gauge O/U Browning 525 Sporting
16 Gauge SxS Rizzini Islide
16 Gauge Pump Browning BPS Upland
16 Gauge Semi-Auto Remington 1100 Sporting
double vision
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:03 am  Reply with quote

Well, I suppose i could be wrong. Fourtrax and I set ours side by side the other day and they sure looked the same to us. Next time I'll bring my calipers and verify. His 12 barrel walls were very much thinner than my 16's at the breech which suggests a shared frame. Yes, check it out. I'll see Fourtrax later this month and I'll measure them (if I remember!).
Savage16
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:49 am  Reply with quote

Dang it, now I scratched my receiver with the calipers Embarassed I'm getting 1.46 at down from where the barrels end at the receiver. With the bottom edges of the receiver really rounded it doesn't have any big feel to it. My 20ga SKB 280 is almost 1.7! Like Dave says don't worry about the frame size;the shootability of these guns is quite high for most people

double vision
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:02 am  Reply with quote

Savage16 wrote:
Dang it, now I scratched my receiver with the calipers Embarassed I'm getting 1.46 at down from where the barrels end at the receiver. With the bottom edges of the receiver really rounded it doesn't have any big feel to it. My 20ga SKB 280 is almost 1.7! Like Dave says don't worry about the frame size;the shootability of these guns is quite high for most people

"Shootability" is a good way to put it. I'll never forget watching Cold Iron shoot Al's the first time on a pretty tricky target at the South St.Paul CG. He ink-balled 10 in a row and handed the gun back to Al. I think we now have at least 5 Isides in our little band of outlaws and we all shoot them well.
hunterdau2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:44 am  Reply with quote

How are the triggers ?
double vision
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:32 am  Reply with quote

hunterdau2 wrote:
How are the triggers ?

I just measured mine. Front 3.5 lbs. Back 4 lbs. Both very crisp. Maybe that’s why I shoot the damned thing so well.

Shootabilty
Savage16
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:40 am  Reply with quote

Mines a ST and I don't have a trigger gauge but it goes off way before you can dangle the gun by just the trigger so probably right where Dave is talking.

Dave,we're starting to sound like professional FAIR endorsers. They should send us some gifts Wink

double vision
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:42 am  Reply with quote

Savage16 wrote:
Mines a ST and I don't have a trigger gauge but it goes off way before you can dangle the gun by just the trigger so probably right where Dave is talking.

Dave,we're starting to sound like professional FAIR endorsers. They should send us some gifts Wink

No kidding!

I can measure yours next time we shoot.
hunterdau2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:37 am  Reply with quote

I have a CZ Bobwhite and you would pull the gun off target they were so heavy , had the triggers set too 3 and 4 pounds what a difference that made. People wouldn't believe what a good trigger means for accuracy .
makintrax73
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:13 pm  Reply with quote

Dave Erickson wrote:
It's a 12 gauge frame. I just compared my 16 to a friend's 12. If those things bother you then keep looking.

The AyA below is also a 16 gauge. I like them both and my Iside handles the heavy lifting to include stiff loads and lots of clay targets, yet it's only 6 lbs. 3 oz. and the AyA is 6 lbs. 5 oz., both with 30" barrels.

I was thinking about the Iside - Is that wood standard? Consistent with Iside in general? Looks nice in the pictures for a $1,600 gun. I actually searched quite a bit to see REAL pictures of an Iside before I saw this thread.....every picture I've found on the net is a stock FAIR marketing photo....and who knows whether the gun will look close to that IRL.

If you have time and a straight edge I'd like to hear what the actual measurements are for drop at heel and drop at comb...
double vision
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:48 pm  Reply with quote

My wood wasn't too bad with fairly busy figure, but I had our creative wood artist member UncleDanFan enhance the grain, so I cheated. He also changed the checkering to my liking. Before I sent it to Mark I sanded the comb for drop and cast, so mine has been heavily customized. I'm thinking about adding a leather-covered microcell pad to finish it off.
Savage16
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:50 pm  Reply with quote

hunterdau2 wrote:
I have a CZ Bobwhite and you would pull the gun off target they were so heavy , had the triggers set too 3 and 4 pounds what a difference that made. People wouldn't believe what a good trigger means for accuracy .

I had the same xperience with my Bobwhite G2 28 ga. Factory did pay shipping both ways and redid the triggers but wouldn't go below the weight of the gun-6lbs. Really like it now

hunterdau2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:18 pm  Reply with quote

Had mine done after market by Williams gun site . Now it's one of my favorite pheasant guns pure death with prairie storm 5's .