16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Federal Acquires Remington Ammo
fourtown
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:50 pm  Reply with quote

Maybe this has been posted but

Vista Outdoors, parent company of Federal, as acquired Remington's Ammo business

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/news/2020/09/28/vista-outdoor-acquires-remington-ammo-accessories.html
Bill K
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:06 pm  Reply with quote

Hope this is a good thing -

I don’t know about the Total line of Remington ammunition, but my two favorite loads - 12 GA and 20 GA 2-3/4” Nitro Mags had dried up over the last few years.

Remington was a pretty good company while it was owned by the previous owners, when it was acquired by the current corporate owners things went to hell.

No new innovation, useless and stupid product variants (I.e. ‘zombie’ models of shotguns, and color combinations ?), and minimization of product array outliers we’re the obvious signs of management not in tune with its customer base.

‘MBAs’ (those who hold a Master of Business Administration degrees - who supposedly know better what the customer wants than the customer) will be the death of America.

Up through the 1980s practically all my guns were Remingtons, now you couldn’t give me one - the quality sucks, and they don’t hold resale value.

PS: maybe the new owners will bring out a Nitro Mag load in 16 GA.

Browning Citori Upland 16 GA circa 2014
Darne R10 1962
Browning Sweet Sixteen 16 GA circa 1957
Savage Fox Sterlingworth 16 GA circa 1934
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:03 pm  Reply with quote

The idea of acquiring another competitor is product control and control of price without competition.
I have seen the shooting sport dwindle over the last 15 years like throwing a cat in a pond with its legs tied. The manufactures and distributors have priced the sport out of the market. No way can the major populace afford it on temperary wages with the cost of everything else being inflated. We're a dieing breed. Enjoy while you can.
RGuill96971
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:22 pm  Reply with quote

Hammer Bill-
I have to disagree with you on the fact that the shooting sport is dwindling. Perhaps where you are. Here in Texas it is booming. Went to local range this weekend and both days the line to check in was out the door. I shoot almost every weekend and it has been packed for months. Yes it is expensive, but so is everything else. And with 500 shotguns on the market, and 12-20 gauge shells at 5.48 a box, I don’t see it. Now I will give you, if you shoot 16-28-410 then yes it’s expensive, that’s why we reload.
df
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:06 pm  Reply with quote

Hammer bill wrote:
The idea of acquiring another competitor is product control and control of price without competition.
I have seen the shooting sport dwindle over the last 15 years like throwing a cat in a pond with its legs tied. The manufactures and distributors have priced the sport out of the market. No way can the major populace afford it on temperary wages with the cost of everything else being inflated. We're a dieing breed. Enjoy while you can.

I’d say there’s a lot of truth to your assertion, if you’re talking about hunting. It’s getting very hard to find a decent place to hunt unless you own or lease some land.