16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  South Dakota
Soggy socks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:26 am  Reply with quote

Dave , fields were probably close to 50 % harvested and they were hitting them hard while I was there I guess because of the weather front coming through. There were a few fields we hunted next to corn with thick weedy cover that was loaded with birds.The sorghum was especially thick and weedy too. The birds held tighter than usua. The Fiocchi 5's wont let you down Good luck
double vision
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:07 am  Reply with quote

Thanks, SS. Looks like we have a warm to almost too warm week coming up out there. I'll take it though. It will be interesting because I'm sure the snow has flattened much of the wispy cover. Worst case scenario will be if the birds exit the heavier cover early for the vast stubble fields. Every year is different.
T-Bird
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:51 pm  Reply with quote

my brother is there now, I realize this is an older thread, they are they are finding birds he said yesterday. They are walking the ditches.
Purple16
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:59 pm  Reply with quote

I just returned from 30 days hunting in South Dakota. I shot three roosters per day and several Sharptails. Man, it was a stellar season. Most of the guys who stayed with me at Bird Dog Bunkhouse did well also. Lots of birds this year!

[url=https://postimg.cc/gwS3zZLz] [/url]
[url=https://postimg.cc/WFdgh10M] [/url]

"A gun should be a thing of beauty, something which gives its owner pride and pleasure. For that reason, most men will buy the best gun they can afford. With a good gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off."