16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  $100/ flat Remington Game loads
MSM2019
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:00 pm  Reply with quote

The issue is and will continue to be........there is a ripple in politics, instead of folks using the gray matter, remaining calm and writing their political representatives, they rush out and pay stupid money for anything firearms related.

Once we do that, we have just dropped our drawers and shown the world what we have!!

MSM2019
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:21 pm  Reply with quote

The issue is and will continue to be........there is a ripple in politics, instead of folks using the gray matter, remaining calm and writing their political representatives, they rush out and pay stupid money for anything firearms related.

Once we do that, we have just dropped our drawers and shown the world what we have!!

nj gsp
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:22 pm  Reply with quote

I picked up a bunch of the Federals in 7-1/2, 6, and 8 this fall at various places for prices ranging from under $6 for regular game shock up to $12 for the high brass heavy field loads. Also got two boxes of RGLs at Walmart in #4 for $9 per box.

I bought a few boxes of Win SuperX at $12 per box in #6.
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:42 am  Reply with quote

MSM2019 wrote:

And you expected a population that created a toilet paper crisis in the pandemic to respond differently to firearm/ammo panic buying? My advice is to buy a bunch when prices are right, and get yours before the hoarders do. Works for me, but then again I may be one of the hoarders.

MSM2019
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:35 am  Reply with quote

Riflemeister,

Typically for clay targets, I buy 2 - 8 lbers. and 5,000 or 10,000 primers depending and then add the powders that I use for hunting. Normally 4 lbers. When I open the last 8 lber I order again which keeps me in an OK position.

Shot, I always have plenty of shot for hunting. For clays I let the shot pile get down to 1 or 2 bags before I go searching.

Wads I don't get too concerned with, but I usually buy case quantities.

I don't buy new ammo (unless it is mandated for a clays event), never have, not gonna start now.

I am just not of the mind that all of this is going to come to a screeching halt. UNLESS we let it.

Hoarding supplies, guns and ammo isn't going to save us. Keeping a loud speaker in the ears of politicians will.

OK, I am off my soapbox!!

Brewster11
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:04 pm  Reply with quote

Folks,
Our club has a pole barn full of powders, primers, hulls, wads, shot, and loaded ammo of every stripe inc. 16 ga which they sell at bulk cost. Don’t your local clubs do the same?

Admittedly I have to buy 16ga Euro wads from BPI but everything else is in the shed. Let your club do the hoarding.

V/R
B.
RGuill96971
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:47 pm  Reply with quote

Brewster:
Must be nice. Local club is lucky to keep clay targets in stock for their skeet fields. You are blessed.
MSM2019
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:20 pm  Reply with quote

Brewster11,

Most of the clubs I have belonged to, allowed you to order any reloading supplies you wanted, but they never really kept much in 'inventory', except new ammo.

Square Load
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:06 pm  Reply with quote

RGuill96971 wrote:
Brewster:
Must be nice. Local club is lucky to keep clay targets in stock for their skeet fields. You are blessed.

Sounds like the club I shoot at! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Current 16ga. Stable

Browning Citori Gr I
Browning Belgium Sweet 16
A.H. Fox Sterlingworth
Remington 11-48
Remington 31
Remington 870
Geco/J.P. Sauer BLNE
Winchester Mod 12
megasupermagnum
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:18 pm  Reply with quote

Brewster11 wrote:
Folks,
Our club has a pole barn full of powders, primers, hulls, wads, shot, and loaded ammo of every stripe inc. 16 ga which they sell at bulk cost. Don’t your local clubs do the same?

Admittedly I have to buy 16ga Euro wads from BPI but everything else is in the shed. Let your club do the hoarding.

V/R
B.

I can only imagine the yearly dues it takes to be a member of both a shooting club and a reloading store. Shocked
Brewster11
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:01 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
I can only imagine the yearly dues

$100 annual dues, much the same as other clubs in the area. Shotgun only, relatively modest size compared to some clubs, 6 trap/skeet fields plus 5 stand and Sporting Clays (13 stands). Well supported by volunteer work.

B.
megasupermagnum
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:15 pm  Reply with quote

Wow, that's not bad. When my brother lived in western Washington I heard some of the numbers, and that was after the waiting line. He lived there 3 years, and never got to join. I was expecting you to say $800 a year or something. My own range is $80 a year, and we don't have any reloading stuff, except I'm free to take any brass or shells I want. I just took home a 55 gallon drum of Federal 12 gauge hulls a couple weeks ago. If I ever came across a barrel of 16 gauge, I'd just about fall over.
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:17 pm  Reply with quote

Selling my house as my wife & I are down sizing big time. Going from 3700 sq feet to little over 1000. No more living in the woods and keeping up with the leaves. All flat land. Had a 2 story pole barn also. With reloading room built in.
I have been cleaning out the reloading room in the barn. Couldn't believe the cases of 16's I've stashed over the years without realizing it. The past several years I've been reloading for everything. Shoot the games on trap about 3 times a week. All reloads. All I cans say is I've got cases of active , Winchester, Remington, herters, federal, for start. Plus so many components guys given me over the years. Everything from factory loads to all components to reload. Some stuff would be considered collectors items. My wife calls me a harder. I just plain didn't realize what all I had. But my reloads I prefer over any of my factory stuff. Probably 2000 herters hulls once fired. 2000 win one piece AA hulls. 2000 cheddit primed. 500 Fiochi's, couple hundred black rem. 200 riots which i prefer except for their primer. Otherwise I would have much much more. I could keep going but you get the idea.
All 16 stuff. I'm not counting the reloaders. Geeesh.