16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  HOSFORD & Co - Barrel Dent Removal Tool
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:10 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

Just before I had my open heart surgery I took a wicked fall on a snow covered mountain side in Potter County, Pa, while Grouse hunting. Fortunately I survived to have open heart surgery and return to the Grouse mountain to harass my favorite game birds. However in taking my fall I dented one of my favorite L.C. Smith SXS 16 gauge gun barrels. I do believe I was more upset at the time over denting a set of L.C. Smith 125 year old barrels, than finding out my Agent Orange had finally caught up with the arteries around my heart.

Having checked around and found out that having a Master Gun Maker remove the dent was going to be costly, I enquired about the purchase of a HOSFORD & Co. Barrel dent removeal tool, that I could purchase. The great thing about this fantastic tool is that it comes with mandrels for all the different most used gun gauges, 10 thru .410. Now do not get me wrong this HOSFORD engineering is not inexpensive, however I decided to purchase the Dent Removal Tool, and do the work myself.

If you own a collection of fine guns this HOSFORD Dent removal Tool is great engineering and removes dents from barrels just as advertised. I removed the dent from my 16 gauge L.C. Smith 125 year old barrel and you really can not tell where the dent ever was located. A little touch up blueing and I was totally amazed at how well the job turned out. If you own a fine collection of different gauge Double guns, I highly recommend this HOSFORD Dent Removal Tool. IMO this HOSFORD tool is a great investment, if you & your family own fine double guns. I have now removed a few dents in some of my Grouse hunting buddies double guns, returning some very nice double guns to operation, once again. No I have not charged one penny for doing the work. I could probably open another small business sense I purchased this tool however. More sportsman out there with dented barrels than I ever figured there would be.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

The HOSFORD & Co. Barrel Dent Removal Tool, in it's nice wooden storage box.

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
bigblue
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:38 am  Reply with quote

Nice to see some old school thinking most people today have for the most part given up on the concept of doing and taking care of their problems for themselves . Agent orange WOW you have lived through some hard times . Some of my American friends lived through that era and what they told me wasn't nice . On a good note Potter County not to far from me we spent a lot of time there fishing and drinking beer in our early years . Regards
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:29 am  Reply with quote

bigblue,

Yes I am definitely old school, even my Father advised me that I was a throw back to my Grandfathers era, everything from Classic American double guns to Bamboo Fly Rods. I prize the traditions handed down thru our family, they are my way of life.
Only being drafted then working for President Reagan and my modern NASA engineering kept me from staying home in my Potter County, Pa mountains, now retired I am home again for ever.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers