16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Heckler and koch
Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:34 pm  Reply with quote

I saw a Heckler and Koch Classic Lion today. In 12 ga. it was a nice light gun. Does anyone know if they make a 16 ga.? Does anyone know about their reliability? All I know is that the gun is made by Fabarm in Italy.

Any info would be appreciated.

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
nutcase
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:36 pm  Reply with quote

That gun is available in 12 ga. only. The Heckler & Koch guns are all close outs that were imported probably 3-4 years ago. I have one, probably only about 100 rounds through so far.

Depending on the specs you're looking for you can get one of the H&K guns for as little as $1K NIB. Cabela's has a newer version for $2K. Same basic gun with different finish. I think the H&K guns are the best SXS you can buy for the money.

Rumor has it that they are making the actions and barrels for Ceasar Guerini.

I have not heard of any problems on their side by sides. For more comments check out this link:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=115&sid=cba308db2daa1b66cc1ddf4ffb8383f6

Also visit: http://www.fabarm.com/.

Highcountry
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:19 pm  Reply with quote

Here's another thread discussing the same topic

http://www.uplandjournal.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard312a/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=28281;hl=fabarm

Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:40 pm  Reply with quote

Well, I brought the 1 ga. (second digit intentionally left blank) today with (I'm told) upgraded wood in English stock, and the largest splinter I've ever seen for $1K, tax and all, out the door.

For what it is, it seems to balance real well, and is light enough for me. It's got a leather covered pad on it. When I removed the foreend and barrels, I was surprised at how beefy the receiver actually is.

I have a client who has recently been taking me on driven duck shoots, and I've always cringed at putting steel through my vintage SXS's. And on these shoots (slaughter) no one uses Bismuth or Hevi-shot. So I think I have a new go-to gun for these shoots.

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"