16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  SPF Merkel 1620 Two Barrel Set 16GA and 20GA
esetter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:03 pm  Reply with quote

Gun is now sold pending receipt of funds. I have for sale an as new Merkel Model 1620 in the very rare two barrel set having both 16 gauge and 20 gauge barrels. There were very few of these sets made and this is set number 9. Both sets of barrels are 28 inch in length and both are choked improved cylinder and modified. The 16 gauge barrels have original 2 3/4 inch chambers and the 20 gauge barrels have original 3 inch chambers. Barrels are numbered 1 and 2 on the flats and on the rib extension. Both barrels come with their own fitted splinter forend, both numbered to the gun. The bluing on both sets of barrels are beautiful and near perfect. The gun features lovely case colored receiver and this shows no sign of wear. The stock is straight, English style and the dimensions are 1 1/2 X 2 1/4 X 14 5/16 over the original Merkel butt plate and again, now wear. Weight of the gun is 6 pounds 3 ounces and the balance is wonderful with the 28 inch barrels. The gun was purchased from the original owner and he said it was only fired "a couple times and then put into the safe. Examining the gun I certainly will tell you it is as close to perfect as you will find on the used market. The gun comes in the original Merkel leather luggage case. This gun is totally original in every way and no screw has been touched. Price of the gun is $6500 plus $75 shipping to your FFL. As always there is a three day non-firing inspection period with the buyer paying shipping charges if returned. This gun would certainly cover most of your needs in upland hunting and do it in style. Contact me at esetter5@me.com with any questions you might have.

Last edited by esetter on Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total

AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:55 pm  Reply with quote

Outstanding gun set. It may have said, but I missed it- is the date/year of manufacture known?
robp
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:55 am  Reply with quote

Very nice I've had mine for 18 years it's my go to gun. Not one mechanical problem in all that time mine doesn't sit in the back of a safe either. 20 gauge barrels don't see as much use as the 16s but they are there if I need them I didn't opt for the case and regret doing so that makes a really nice set.
double vision
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:16 am  Reply with quote

Still kicking myself for selling my 1620. Mad

If someone would like to contribute $6500 to my gun fund I'll help out esetter and buy this.