16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Upland Gun Company
MSM2019
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:21 am  Reply with quote

I don't know a thing about these O/U's. I saw an advertisement and it looked interesting. They also have S x S's.

If this has already been covered, my apologies.

https://uplandguncompany.com/product/rfm-sk-field/?mc_cid=52e43706ea&mc_eid=f626264adb

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:58 am  Reply with quote

I'm almost two months into an advertised three month build time on a Zeus 16 ga SXS with multiple optional features to fit my gun preferences. With shipping time added, it will likely be two more months before delivery. I intend to post a review of the gun when it arrives, if you can wait that long, you can get an idea of the quality of their product before ordering.

Jta5er
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 6:57 am  Reply with quote

Here are some good pics
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/upland-gun-company-rfm/upland-gun-company-zeus-16-gauge-28-quot-bbls-.cfm?gun_id=101663823

Kinda pricey for this action but I guess with custom build to your specs not so bad.
Anybody shot these yet?

Sporting Days
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:37 am  Reply with quote

That's a gun being offered by Fieldsport in Michigan. Owner Bryan Bilinksi was involved in the early design and reviews of the gun and must like the product given that he is now selling a half dozen or so new models in his shop.

I"m saving my pocket change for a semi-custom-built .410. We'll see what Riflemeister has to say about his before placing and order.
BWW
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:34 am  Reply with quote

Doing research but the guns sound good.
Bob
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:44 am  Reply with quote

It has been three months (advertised build time) since ordering my SXS from Upland. When I ordered, Greg LaFond said it could take up to a month to complete all the importation paperwork and get the gun delivered to the customer, so I'll give them a few more weeks before contacting them for an update. Should be soon though.

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:40 am  Reply with quote

I contacted Jerry Havel of Upland Gun Company for a progress report on my 16 ga Zeus SXS and he happened to be in Italy visiting the factory. He sent this picture along with word that they are finishing up the barrels at this time. It appears that 5 or 6 months is a more realistic build time on these guns, however, in all fairness, I had a fairly long list of custom options on the gun that may have added to their advertised 3 month build time. I still have three months till bird season, so it isn't a deal breaker by any means. The picture shows the POW/Semi-beavertail stock set in the 2 1/2 wood grade I selected.

hayseed
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:23 pm  Reply with quote

That’s nice grain in that butt.
Purple16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:52 pm  Reply with quote

Looks pretty nice!

"A gun should be a thing of beauty, something which gives its owner pride and pleasure. For that reason, most men will buy the best gun they can afford. With a good gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off."
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:42 am  Reply with quote

Now 5 months into this gun order and no end in sight. Kinda blows the three month build time claim out of the water. Quite honestly though, the only custom ordered gun that surprised me was the Dickinson Estate 16 ga I had built to my specs and delivered in 4 months time. It's not like I don't have anything to shoot on my western bird hunting trip this fall, and I'd really rather have it made right than quickly. I ordered the plastic butt plate on the gun with the idea I would assess the build quality and make the decision whether it warranted a nice leather covered pad or a quick and dirty Pachmayer SC-100. It is rapidly getting to the point that if I decide on the elegant leather covered pad by Larry Feland it won't make the western trip anyway. I wish I had more to report, but that is all I know at this time.

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:09 pm  Reply with quote

Got an update from Jerry Havel today telling me that Italy and a lot of Europe shuts down for most of the month of August and the workers should be back in the factory next week. He should have a good idea of when the gun will ship for me before long. Patience is a virtue, but I'm kinda running out of it.

BWW
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:01 pm  Reply with quote

I ran into the same vacation schedule when I had a Beretta on order.
Really want to hear a review of these shotguns as I have some interest in ordering one.
Cheesy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:56 am  Reply with quote

I think the gun industry is like taxidermy.

“You’ll get it when you get it, no matter when we told you you’d get it”.
double vision
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:05 am  Reply with quote

My custom Iside order got hung up on that August vacation deal. Their month off comes at the worst time for US bird hunters.
Cheesy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:24 am  Reply with quote

Try buying a million dollar packaging machine out of Spain with delivery scheduled for the end of July and they miss the date. “Sorry, we are going on holiday”. Never mind the logistics inside a mega plant and contractor availability that all hinges on that delivery. That’s why the lawyers make the big bucks…