16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Budget friendly 16 gauge sxs clays gun
Carlos
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:48 pm  Reply with quote

67galaxie wrote:
Husquvarna

I have a model 51 Husqvarna in 16 gauge. I use it for cowboy action shooting in blackpowder class. Shoots well but with a bit more drop to the butt than more modern guns. My Merkell model 8, also 16 ga. comes straight to the point when I shoulder it. My first 25 shots with it in a trap shoot hit 23/25.
Fortycaliberglock
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:15 pm  Reply with quote

I use a 16 ga SxS for most of my clays shooting but it’s beyond what you want to spend on one. I shoot it better than anything else. For your project, I’d buy an LC Smith or a used Spanish gun. You can likely get a good price on an Uggie. I tried a Stevens 311 in 16 ga. It was a perfectly preserved piece of history. It was a 1968 model which looked like it came from the factory yesterday. However, the triggers were horrible and I think the barrel regulation was slightly off, to put it mildly. You may also check out a Lefever. I don’t know if the new Turkish guns come in 16.
Stx4wheeler
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:54 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for the opinions everyone I will take them into account.

So far still trying to find another set of barrels to work for my current gun as a second set, but the price for some of these barrel and parts kits is more than I have in my gun and close to what buying a full shooter would bring it seems so I may have to look at get getting one of the older guns mentioned.