16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Looking for a 1 1/8 oz. 1100 fps recipe
fn16ga
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:44 pm  Reply with quote

WOW ! things that make you go hmmm . Guess you need to ad a little more back in.
double vision
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:45 am  Reply with quote

fn16ga wrote:
WOW ! things that make you go hmmm . Guess you need to ad a little more back in.

I loaded up two shells more for each powder going up in 1/2 grain increments. When I get to 1100 with each I'll shoot a string, check things out, and send them in for testing. Not trying to make long range loads here. Just a good hammer blow in a light gun with an open choke. Hoping to make 35 yards viable. The other barrel on this gun is plenty tight for longer shots.
double vision
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:28 am  Reply with quote

I've aborted the low velocity project. The last two 1/2 grain bumps in powder gave some unexpected results, a velocity drop in one case, and I just don't need to mess with it anymore. That and I've decided to sell my 16 gauge AyA, so the idea is no longer of practical use to me. Probably never was as the AyA is a 1370 bar (magnum proofed) gun.

While I was at the range yesterday I did shoot some patterns with a 1 oz. 1200 fps load using the SG16 wad to compare to the patterns I shot with the Z16 wad. I thought the Z16 patterns looked better, but it was a small sample only comparing 3 patterns of each.
rkittine
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:33 am  Reply with quote

Was just joshing you. Doesn't matter to me, I do however hear lots of guys on the skeet field complaining that if they change velocity it would screw up their leads, which would be a very very slight difference. Sorry, I was trying to be funny and did not mean for it to sound like I was being a smart a$$

Bob

16 Gauge O/U Browning 525 Sporting
16 Gauge SxS Rizzini Islide
16 Gauge Pump Browning BPS Upland
16 Gauge Semi-Auto Remington 1100 Sporting
double vision
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:58 am  Reply with quote

No problem, Bob. I don't always interpret things well on the internet, so I'll take the blame. Keep shooting those 16's!