16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Gun club gets some powder in finally.
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:02 pm  Reply with quote

Club didn't get much. But did get 2 1b cans of 20/28.price was 31.00 lb. That means 248.00 for 8 lbs. No thanks. Won't be long that the shooting clubs and the sport will be gone. Obammy did a good job already of closing many clubs and killing the sport along which the manufactures price gouge.
RGuill96971
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:52 pm  Reply with quote

No chance of that happening here. Waiting list to shoot skeet on 3 fields. More shooters then ever. Price is gonna go up, just the way it is. Kinda like gas. People still gonna do it or use it. It will eventually all come back like before. Yes the price may be up some, but you bought 2 lbs. You wanna feel great about 248 for 8lbs, stop over on GB and see what it goes for. You will go back and get that 8 lbs.
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:27 pm  Reply with quote

RGuill96971 wrote:
No chance of that happening here. Waiting list to shoot skeet on 3 fields. More shooters then ever. Price is gonna go up, just the way it is. Kinda like gas. People still gonna do it or use it. It will eventually all come back like before. Yes the price may be up some, but you bought 2 lbs. You wanna feel great about 248 for 8lbs, stop over on GB and see what it goes for. You will go back and get that 8 lbs.

My last price for 20/28 was 159.00 for 8lds
Oil bought both kegs at the time. That was 3 months ago.. If people are will to pay that gouging price of 31.00 a lb. then so be it. Not me. I'm part of the older crowd. Just set in my ways.
RGuill96971
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:58 pm  Reply with quote

Hammer bill: understand completely, I’m no spring chicken, but I have never paid less then 20 a pound for any powder in a long time. It has been 23-27 for the last couple years. Here in the big city you don’t have a bunch of choices, 2 to be exact for reloading supplies. There are a few gun ranges that carry some stuff. I think 31 a pound is excellent. Wish I could find some E3 for that.
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:30 pm  Reply with quote

RGuill96971 wrote:
Hammer bill: understand completely, I’m no spring chicken, but I have never paid less then 20 a pound for any powder in a long time. It has been 23-27 for the last couple years. Here in the big city you don’t have a bunch of choices, 2 to be exact for reloading supplies. There are a few gun ranges that carry some stuff. I think 31 a pound is excellent. Wish I could find some E3 for that.

I have never seen that outrageous kind of price in this are till now. Shot 51.00 bag here. Nope not for me Guess that's why I like playing the trap games.the winnings also helps offset the prices. There just is not near the shooters there were before the Obammy years. No new younger people coming on. Old are dieing off . Travel at least one to 50 miles in any direction just to shoot. Yes I could shoot for fun or practice bit just to blow a target out of the air and no chance of something for it just plain and simple ruins the sport for me.
nj gsp
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:02 pm  Reply with quote

I think prices are starting to come down here in the upper Midwest, I just bought 3 cases of Remington STS trap loads, I paid $11/box which is pretty much what it was going for a couple of years ago. That's why I'd been buying AA Supersports for years, because it was selling for $80/case. Federal Top Gun loads were around $7 a box, now they are $8 when they are in stock. These were for 12 gauge loads.

I bought an 8 lb keg of Winchester WST earlier this summer for $165 I think, and that seems to what it was last year. There hasn't been a shortage of wads, lots of those around, and shot has been pretty steady at around $45/25 lbs for years. I've been able to find shot in 4, 5, 6, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, and 9 without any problem. I have around 250 lbs of shot in my gun room right now.

Primers are another story, I just paid $55/1000 for Fiocchi 616's. I paid about the same for Cheddite 209's from BPI, counting the hazmat charge - at least if they actually ship, about which I have my doubts.

But, at least I have winter and summer league covered in 12 gauge for me and my girlfriend, so I'm done buying 12 gauge ammo for the time being.