16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Anyone buy a new Citori Hunter?
buckmark
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:09 am  Reply with quote

Has anyone bought one of the new ShotShow Citori Hunter 16g in either GrI or GrII? They arent fancy but seem like a good value and I kinda like the full pistol grip stock.

Hammer bill
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:19 am  Reply with quote

This may be a little late on your post but a friend of mine came over last Saturday with a new hunter 28". Wanted to compare it with my 525 32". He wanted to see how my Mullers would fit . Of course went right in. Put the total lgt at 29.5. Stock finish is pretty dull and plain, but mine was also at the time. He's a big trap shooter at playing the games. After he seen how I was doing he decided he wanted one. His also has the silver receiver but I don't remember the model it's called. I handled it and being he's done nothing to alter it the gun comes up great for sporting or trap.
All this said, if anyone is looking for one just hang on. This guy will be selling or trading before long. He can't help it. It's in his blood to swap or sell . I already have 2 o/u's or I would wait for it myself.
nj gsp
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:32 pm  Reply with quote

Hammer bill wrote:
I already have 2 o/u's or I would wait for it myself.

Only two?

You gotta get those numbers up, those are rookie numbers.
Quigley
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:50 pm  Reply with quote

My hunter has decent wood and will benefit from some tung oil. Weight is 6lbs 15 oz. I enjoy carrying my Superlight superlfeather 🪶 more, but the hunter with steel receiver is more comfortable to shoot and should be able to handle high volume. I ordered some trulock tubes that arrived today.
mcrewz
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:36 pm  Reply with quote

I bought a hunter grade 1 back around Labor Day. Shot a limit of dove w/ 40 shells usually I’m well over 2 boxes. And I shot my best round of trap with it a 23, (missed the first 2 targets) normally I’m a 18/19 kind of guy. I then convinced myself I needed one of the new white lighting with the extended tubes. Since it’s the middle of hunting season I haven’t shot this one yet as I don’t want to give the wood any character yet. Luckily all my guns look the same to my wife.

Mike
irishwhiskey
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:11 pm  Reply with quote

Wish I could find one in 26”.

Hammer bill
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:26 pm  Reply with quote

irishwhiskey wrote:
Wish I could find one in 26”.

I've got one. It's a 323 feather weight silver receiver , prince of Wales grip . Great wood with high finish 26". Briley titanium full lgt tube in 28ga. I bought new back in the late 80's. Probably shot less than 100 rounds. Since I have my 32" 525 silver receiver I use for trap. I've thought about selling my 26".
Citori16
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:50 pm  Reply with quote

Bought one for my son, black receiver, 26" barrels. He loves it! I purposely bought it as a field grade so he wouldn't be afraid of using it for hunting, but he still is. After his semi-auto developed a problem, he was forced to take it duck hunting. Crushed'em with Boss shells. Still intends to only use it for upland once he gets his semi back.

Personally, I like my old Lightning just a tad better, with the Lightning stock & the full solder joint (sorry, I don't know the technical term). But he is happy with it and that's all that counts!