16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Perfect Crimp Hull Trimmer
nj gsp
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:27 pm  Reply with quote

So what I was asking was whether anyone had one of these, and what the feedback is on this particular hull trimmer.

I can see the value for a clean, precise, repeatable trim, especially on trap loads which is what this is designed for - to remove hull stretch at the crimp caused by multiple firings from the same hull, and trimming different brands to a consistent length to get consistent crimps every time.

I'm not so much interested in lopping off 2-3/4" hulls to 2-1/2", although that is definitely a reason to get a hull trimmer.

And yes, as I said in my initial post I could go the low cost route and jam an xacto knife in a dowel, but that's ultimately not very precise and not what I was looking for.

Some great ideas for batch shortening 2-3/4 hulls down to a shorter length, but I doubt any of the alternative methods mentioned - especially a table saw - will result in a clean burr free cut.

Still, some great ideas and methods, so let's see some pictures! Show me!
RGuill96971
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:47 pm  Reply with quote

The thing about Rudy’s trimmer is that you can do both with it. You can cut just a sliver off or you can cut a bunch off. It comes with spacers, so you can adjust the length. Works great on plastic.