16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Best shipping method
Ted Schefelbein
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:21 pm  Reply with quote

USPS overnight. If it isn’t there by 6:00pm the next day, it’s free.

It is always there, by the way.

Best,
Ted

nj gsp
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:52 pm  Reply with quote

Last year (2020, the other last year), I mailed a christmas card on December 10th. It was delivered on February 15, 2020.

I mailed an entry to a Futurity stake for one of my setters the second week of December, and it still has not arrived. At least, the check has not cleared.

I have had several guns shipped by USPS with great success, and yet I have no faith in the USPS. I have more faith in UPS.

FedEx just seems to lose and destroy stuff, of all the "lost" packages from the last couple of years, they were all shipped FedEx. They used to be my favorite, not any more.
AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:41 pm  Reply with quote

It is clear to me that there are some decision makers in FEDEX that are complete MORONS. Exhibit A: I have an order, made Dec 18 sent from Winfield KS to Leavenworth WA. Normally it would take four days via ground to get the package here so expected delivery was 12/22 add a day or two due to Christmas 12/24 at the latest. Well it still isn't here. It's still listed as arriving in Kansas Sity and not leaving. Calls to FEDEX just get a run around and have to wait 30 days to file a lost package form. Exhibit B. Another package going from Missouri to Washington. After sever unscheduled delays it made it to Mullen ID pm I-90 near the Montana border. It would have gone down I90 to Spokane WA Now form there it would have been a 3 hour drive to Wenatchee, the terminal that delivers to Leavenworth- but no, it goes on down to Portland Oregon, so that it can come up I5 and get sorted again then head over the mountain pass to Wenatchee, which is presently closed due to avalanches, so it will set in Seattle for a few more days waiting for the pass to cleat.
Previously I thought that the worst shipping method was when Fedex combined with USPS for delivery, but FEDEX is showing that they are completely inept all by themselves.
Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:04 am  Reply with quote

On a related note before you pay the rather exorbitant insurance charges for shipping check with the carrier of your home owner insurance. I use Auto Owners and my guns are covered during shipment under my household policy. You need an appraisal but I believe a bill of sale also works. Also I know I can collect from Auto Owners without much hassle and this may not be true for a shipping company. I carry a rider for my guns and I am not sure if the protection comes from the rider or the standard policy.

Good Hunting,
Mike
jrothWA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:28 pm  Reply with quote

The Monday before Christmas, I sent a shotgun and two barrels for inspection and repairs.

Drop it off a the UPS center heading to Ithaca, N.Y.
It arrived the AM of that Wednesday,

Just indicated machined parts for. refurbishment and refinishing.

Will be returned net week.
jrothWA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:29 pm  Reply with quote

The Monday before Christmas, I sent a shotgun and two barrels for inspection and repairs.

Will be returned next week.
jrothWA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:29 pm  Reply with quote

Will be returned next week.
AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:48 pm  Reply with quote

On dec 18 I ordered three boxes of bullets from a mail order in Kansas. Due to the holidays it was a week before they actually went out the door. But FEDEX has listed them as in the Cansas City terminal for the last two weeks. Calls and internet inquiries get only an electronic response that says nothing more than they are enroute. After this I will specify NO FEDEX.