16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Happy as can be with a new purchase
Pbking51
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:18 am  Reply with quote

Good morning, I am just so happy I could cry!
I have a beautiful AYA 16 ga, non selective single trigger,, beavertail forend, with 26" imp/mod choked barrels that has shot wonderful for impromptu 5 stand and a recent ringneck/chukkar hunt. It reminds me of a poor mans win 21. But really wanted to find an identical SxS with a 28" bbl and mod/full chokes and a little longer LOP.

About a month ago one popped but was stamped Higgins 100. And next thing you know I was bidding $1300 on it and ultimately I think I passed when it got to be $1600.

I just got done shoveling this morning and had to get on a work call. While on the call I searched "Aya 16" on GB and was amazed to see the buy now option on this guy. Not mint by far but looks solid.. Needs a little nickle wool scrubbing , but has everything I could want plus the selective trigger! I am turning into someone who is leaving the fancier guns for display and wants to hunt with something without fear of marking up a stock. I know according to Jack O'Connor's shotgun book, sometimes the selectors don't work, but we will have to wait and see.

Can't wait to get this guy out. I usually like the birds to get out there a little bit before shooting and hopefully this one will help get er' done

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/921257753?a=1
hoashooter
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:31 am  Reply with quote

Congrats and enjoy Cool Cool
skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:09 pm  Reply with quote

THEY are great.

Look like a Win 21

Mine is Mod/Full

Mike

Pbking51
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:23 am  Reply with quote

The one I have now has identical rollmarks but instead of just Higgins it says firearms international. The box lock has an eagle or falcon engraved on it.
Pbking51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:03 pm  Reply with quote

Update: should have known that for that price it was too good to be true. The barrels are off the face. Hopefully a shim and a file can get it right.
Pbking51
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:49 pm  Reply with quote

Update: should have known that for that price it was too good to be true. The barrels are off the face. Hopefully a shim and a file can get it right.
Swampy16
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:10 pm  Reply with quote

You may want to contact a competent smith before filing anything. You cannot replace metal. I would also contact the seller and tell him you’d like some type of compensation if the being off face was not noted in the add. Otherwise I’d consider giving him a bad review.
FlyChamps
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:06 pm  Reply with quote

I agree with Dan (Swampy 16) that you should have a competent gunsmith tell you what it will cost to correctly put the gun on face. Then, or at the same time, address this with the seller and Gunbroker. Nothing in this ad https://www.gunbroker.com/item/921257753 indicates that the gun is off face so they have materially misrepresented the condition of the gun. I would, at a minimum, leave a very bad, clear and precise rating for the dealer.

From what I have read you will probably get no help from Gunbroker.
Pbking51
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:20 am  Reply with quote

Message sent to seller. I think on the plus side, it has a capped hinge pin, so I might luck out and by rotatating the pin halfway I may be able to save face..pun intended
Pbking51
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:52 am  Reply with quote

Message sent to seller. I think on the plus side, it has a capped hinge pin, so I might luck out and by rotatating the pin halfway I may be able to save face..pun intended
Pbking51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:19 pm  Reply with quote

Seller is willing to provide tracking label and full refund. However, I think 425 is worth a gamble of turning the hinge pin...worse slcase scenario I'm out another 300 to get her fixed the proper way, still less than a m21 in 16

Fyi, I'm the guy who likes the beavertail forend and single selective trigger over the traditional sxs configuration.
skeettx
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:44 pm  Reply with quote

I do not know where you live
Any where near Amarillo and we could have
an AYA 100 shoot Smile

Pbking51
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:21 pm  Reply with quote

Skeettx...Will keep that min mind, but I'm in Pennsylvania lol

Just figured I'd give an update on the gun. I just shot 49/50 in trap tonight with the mod barrel!
The looseness was actually in the bite rather than hinge pin. I could've sent it to a double gun smith an waited a year and had a $500-1000 bill, but instead diagnosed it myself and has a machinest friend fit a new piece of tool steel in place of the rear shelf for $50 and a couple days wait. My oh my, you want to talk about a perfect fit and tight as a clam. Today I put it through its paces and better than new still.
Now I have to wait til after this bird and small game season to see if I want to refinish the stock.
Pbking51
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:34 pm  Reply with quote

Skeettx...Will keep that min mind, but I'm in Pennsylvania lol

Just figured I'd give an update on the gun. I just shot 49/50 in trap tonight with the mod barrel!
The looseness was actually in the bite rather than hinge pin. I could've sent it to a double gun smith an waited a year and had a $500-1000 bill, but instead diagnosed it myself and has a machinest friend fit a new piece of tool steel in place of the rear shelf for $50 and a couple days wait. My oh my, you want to talk about a perfect fit and tight as a clam. Today I put it through its paces and better than new still.
Now I have to wait til after this bird and small game season to see if I want to refinish the stock.