16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Lead Shot Famine
Brewster11
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:52 pm  Reply with quote

We are in the midst of a lead shot famine up here in Western WA. The largest regional distributor has nothing but reclaimed shot at $42 for 25 lb bags. The rest have nothing.

We are in a desperate situation. Our wonderful 16 ga guns are falling silent. The 12 and 20 shooters are flush with ammo again (the b*****ds!) and are heedless, if not amused, of our plight.

I realize that mentioning a supplier with lead shot in stock is like revealing a favorite fishing honey hole. So a PM or even a hint would be welcome. Anything would help - we are in no position to be choosy. Ok, we mostly need #7 1/2 when you get down to it.

Your Western Washington 16 ga brethren appreciate your assistance,

B.
Swampy16
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:02 pm  Reply with quote

I’ve seen a few suppliers that have it in stock. It’s available, you just need to search. Shipping charges suck but it is what it is. One place I saw will ship two bags for the same rate.
Swampy16
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:08 pm  Reply with quote

BPI, Sportsman’s WH, and this one supposedly has some.
https://www.rotometals.com/eagle-magnum-shot-lead-2-25-bags-50-lbs-size-4-9-freight-included/
MSM2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:58 pm  Reply with quote

https://recobstargetshop.com/product-category/reloading-supplies/shot/lawrence/

Brewster11
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:33 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks all, the Rotometals promotional offer was too good to pass up (the others were each lacking in one respect or another), so I pounced on it like a fumble in the endzone. It’s morning again up here in 16 ga country.

B.
nj gsp
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:52 pm  Reply with quote

Plenty available here in Wisconsin, one thing I’ve had no trouble getting is shot. Primer and powder is another story…
hoashooter
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:39 pm  Reply with quote

Seems like some shortages are regional---shot,especially 7.5's abound in Southern Illinois--$55 a bag.Wads in stock.As far as powder/primers Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Sad
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:49 am  Reply with quote

nj gsp wrote:
Plenty available here in Wisconsin, one thing I’ve had no trouble getting is shot. Primer and powder is another story…

Almost exactly a year ago picked up 10 bags at Scheels in town here in Mn. West Coast Magnum for $42 a bag. They had Eagle for $40 a bag but I take a hard pass on Eagle given a choice. Got a flat tire on the way into town too but still was worth it. And the pups got some new bumpers.

Last fall before hunting season met a friend in the parking lot of Scheels in Eau Claire to do some horse trading for powder and wads. They had West Coast in stock for $45 a bag so picked up another 10 bags. He sent me a text last week that they have it in stock again but it is up to $60 a bag Shocked I should had cleaned them out of 7.5 when I had the chance. They told me 8's sell fast but 7.5 hang around for awhile. It will be awhile before it warms up enough that I switch to 8's.

Did pick up 4 bags of Lawrence 8.5 from Recobs over in Wi. last week for skeet. Because it WILL warm up eventually Very Happy
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:52 am  Reply with quote

C.I. - we just ordered a bulk (2pallet) from PA.... west coast , mostly 9's due to mostly skeet shooters . 49.25 delivered . Locally , has been around ok , - about the same price plus gas and tax .... I usually get 8.5 - Pete usually has it and that size is always the last to go .... many shooters here - split between trap and skeet , so 9's and 7.5 go 1st.

Brewster11
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:38 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
Seems like some shortages are regional

Indeed. Sportsman’s WH website says nearest stock of 7 1/2 is 359 miles away in southern Oregon, onsite pickup only. Next closest is Billings MT, 800 miles.

B.
Brewster11
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:40 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
Seems like some shortages are regional

Indeed. Sportsman’s WH website says nearest stock of 7 1/2 is 359 miles away in southern Oregon, onsite pickup only. Next closest is Billings MT, 800 miles.

Just notified that Rotometals shipped my order today.

B.
tailsup
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:10 am  Reply with quote

Recently picked up 6 - 25# bags of 7 1/2 - 9 of Eagle Magnum for 44.00 per bag in Omaha at GU. Cool

UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:09 pm  Reply with quote

Bought some yesterday here in Portland. 8 1/2's and 9's and 4's, 5's and 6's available. Pm me if you want to know where.

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
Brewster11
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:52 pm  Reply with quote

The Rotometals order of 50 lbs #7 1/2 arrived today with a kaTHUNK on the porch. $130 shipped, a most welcome arrival. Packed in a single USPS Flat Rate Medium box, can’t have been a pleasant carry for the delivery driver. Ordered Wednesday PM, 5 day turnaround. I raise a glass to Rotometals who heard our calls for help and responded.

Cheers
B.
smashdn
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:06 am  Reply with quote

There were four bags of shot in Bass Pro in Nashville on Saturday. I didn't see a price and couldn't bring myself to move the bag that may have been covering the price tag on the shelf. Think it was some 5's and some 9's.