16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Latest Winchester super x 1oz high brass shells
double vision
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:49 am  Reply with quote

MSM2019 wrote:
All new ammo except for RST and Polywad Vintager, can be and usually is loaded between 10,000 and 11,500 PSI. Remember that Winchester loads have to conform to SAAMI Standards not CIP Standards......and not many factory loads are going to be loaded a lot less than 10,000 PSI.

And this is why I shoot modern doubles. i can shoot full power field loads, factory bismuth, steel, etc. Never been attracted to doubles for history or tradition, I just like how they shoot on birds.
MSM2019
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:19 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
And this is why I shoot modern doubles. i can shoot full power field loads, factory bismuth, steel, etc. Never been attracted to doubles for history or tradition, I just like how they shoot on birds..

.........and this is why I don't shoot doubles, because I never could hit an effing thing with them. Light, short, evil and designed by Lucifer himself!!

When used for clay targets they turn into meat tenderizers!!

MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:40 pm  Reply with quote

Very Happy Some guys like trucks and some like sports cars! Laughing Whatever blows your hair back, baby!

SugarCreek
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

I have a large supply of these hulls, but with a lower brass base. Do I interpret some prior responses to the original post to mean that I should treat these hulls as Cheddites for purposes of choosing reloading recipes? I have a limited understanding of hull types and this would help me out a lot! (Been reloading into Win AA's and only Win AA's forever...) Thanks
Jta5er
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:01 pm  Reply with quote

I have now shot these in all my 2.5” semi autos they eject perfectly and burn super clean. I went ahead and got another case.