16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  used gun prices
Purple16
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:22 pm  Reply with quote

Lloyd3 wrote:
Nice hammergun, who makes that one?

Midland Gun Co. of Birmingham

"A gun should be a thing of beauty, something which gives its owner pride and pleasure. For that reason, most men will buy the best gun they can afford. With a good gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off."
Swampy16
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:49 am  Reply with quote

Anything that looks dangerous is selling for a premium.
Lloyd3
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:29 am  Reply with quote

The black-gun stuff does seem to be driving a lot of the crazy prices, and that is mostly a "fear" purchase on the part of folks who think they see something bad coming. But much of the price increases I'm now seeing are also caused by the ongoing inflationary spiral we're presently in (we're at what, 8% now?), coupled with a severe debasement of our currency. Quantitative easing (i.e. printing dollars) and then dumping them into our system (for COVID relief or for anything else for that matter) makes tangible assets more valuable because it costs so-much more to replace them. Goods and service all go up and well-made (not disposable) things seem to go up even more.

boon hogganbeck
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 5:34 pm  Reply with quote

I don't have any extra funny money at the moment, but occasionally I see tempting British SxS's at what seem like good prices, especially in 12 gauge... but they're always 2.5" chambers, and with the ammo situation being what it is, I wonder if that's part of the reason they aren't as high as everything else...
bigblue
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:45 pm  Reply with quote

boon hogganbeck wrote:
I don't have any extra funny money at the moment, but occasionally I see tempting British SxS's at what seem like good prices, especially in 12 gauge... but they're always 2.5" chambers, and with the ammo situation being what it is, I wonder if that's part of the reason they aren't as high as everything else...
I was told by a fellow that imports the English stuff and he said that lead shot of any kind will be banned and all the short chambered light barrel guns are selling for low prices in the UK as they won't handle steel and many are being exported for pennies on the dollar. Plastic hulls and wads are on the hit list also.
AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 9:34 pm  Reply with quote

[quote="bigblue"]
boon hogganbeck wrote:
Plastic hulls and wads are on the hit list also.

Anything and everything that has to do with guns and shooting is on the hit-list; It's just a matter of where in the line each item sits as to how soon it will be assaulted.
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 7:17 am  Reply with quote

bigblue wrote:
boon hogganbeck wrote:
I was told by a fellow that imports the English stuff and he said that lead shot of any kind will be banned and all the short chambered light barrel guns are selling for low prices in the UK as they won't handle steel and many are being exported for pennies on the dollar. Plastic hulls and wads are on the hit list also.

That's crazy. Don't they reload?

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
bigblue
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 8:47 am  Reply with quote

UncleDanFan wrote:
bigblue wrote:
boon hogganbeck wrote:

That's crazy. Don't they reload?
Nothing to do with reloading . The government mandates most everything over there .
8mmFan
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:17 pm  Reply with quote

Makes me enjoy the few that I have, all that much more. Especially the great ones that I "stole" at low prices over the years.

But, like old Gene Hill, I still haven't found that elusive shotgun that never misses! Guess I just have to keep searching.

8mmFan