16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Rizzini sxs
df
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:37 am  Reply with quote

Anyone here shoot a Rizzini BR 550 side by side, or know anything about them. Looking at a two barrel set 16/20 on a 20 ga frame.
Appreciate any comments.
double vision
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:11 am  Reply with quote

I don't know how you could go wrong with a B. Rizzini 550. Just make sure you order a long trigger tang for it. SxS's look neutered without one. For the 5K or so they cost I'm surprised that they don't come with one.
Sporting Days
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:42 am  Reply with quote

I'm partial to the BR 552, myself, which I believe is lighter than the 550. Can't go wrong with either!
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:49 am  Reply with quote

I own 3 B. Rizzini guns all O\U one in 16 ga. And also have 3 FAIR guns from Isidoro the brother of Battista (the B. in Rizzini) 2 of which are in 16 ga.

Recall well when Battista sued his brother Isidoro to claim the rights to the name Rizzini in the US. I personally like the guns from both brothers. B. Rizzini guns can have a tendency to be a bit heavier without alloys but feel they make better target guns, in part due to the extra weight.

The B. Rizzini side by side guns are made in the custom shop, each and every one of them. There is a long but very good video of the factory worth watching if you like B. Rizzini guns

https://youtu.be/tTbG_pohpVw

About 3/4 of the way through it they show and talk about the SxS guns made in the custom shop. IIRC they are all built on their own frame with the exception of the 16 ga. which is built on the 20 ga. frame. And they show the hand fitting of the barrels to one being made.

If the price was right I would not hesitate to get a Rizzini 16 ga. SxS as long as it had the features I was looking for. And they will build you a custom one from stem to stern including the stock.

Had the opportunity to handle and shoot a Perazzi SxS last year (12 ga.) and while I really like most Perazzi guns I was not impressed which surprised me. Have not handled a BR55x yet but experience tells me it would likely be spot on. For me.

If money were no objection and I was flying to Italy to have a custom built SxS from one of the Italians personally I would go with Battista Rizzini. But in the real world money is always an object to be considered. I would not hesitate to buy a used 550 or 552 especially if I got to handle one first and it had the options that I wanted.
df
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:33 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
Savage16
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:26 am  Reply with quote

I have looked at those combos too. I inquired about one set as to weight assembled with each gauge. The wood looked quite dense so I was surprised when the seller responded 5.14 for the 16ga and 6.0 even for the 20ga. Both had 29 in barrels. I was hoping for a little heavier.