16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  16 ga Triple Barrel
Citori16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:26 am  Reply with quote

[url]
https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/shotguns-16-gauge/1931-vintage-christoph-funk-triple-barrel-16-gauge-shotgun-w-26-75-quot-inch-barrels-rare-spectacular-german-shotgun-.cfm?gun_id=101982508
[/url]

This would be very handy in the duck blind. And not too bad for upland either. Cool gun!

skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:50 am  Reply with quote

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/shotguns-16-gauge/1931-vintage-christoph-funk-triple-barrel-16-gauge-shotgun-w-26-75-quot-inch-barrels-rare-spectacular-german-shotgun-.cfm?gun_id=101982508

$16,000 is a steep price Shocked

Last edited by skeettx on Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
double vision
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:09 am  Reply with quote

Just hope it doesn't triple on you. Ouch!
Savage16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:11 am  Reply with quote

its not $16k; ONLY $15k Embarassed
Hard to believe all that can only weigh 6 3/4

skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:31 am  Reply with quote

Plus tax and shipping

3drahthaars
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:26 am  Reply with quote

It's a sweet drieling ... just an odd configuration. Some of the features are really nice, like the spanner access to the firing pins.

Even the weight is less than 7lbs, which is lighter than my duck gun.

But, for that price I could have several other nice choices, and I seldom require a third shot with my 16s...
Jta5er
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:09 pm  Reply with quote

I think the 3 shotgun barreled drillings were called something like flinten drilling but my memory isn’t that great anymore and I’m away from my desk.
Not 1 of a kind persay I have seem 3 or 4 same gun made same place Suhl with some other retailers name on it. The engraving may be one of a kind but thy all are that way. Not a 15k gun by any stretch, seller must have never seen another.

hoashooter
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:42 pm  Reply with quote

That would stand out in gun rack at the club------
putz463
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:13 am  Reply with quote

Wow, agreed, could easily see that having applications in a Duck blind. M/F/F + some bismuth, OH yeah...but that $15k (+S&H) is a little out of the budget.

Actually called Chiappa cust service a couple/few years ago and asked if they might have a 10ga triple in the works...unfortunately they did not.

WyoChukar
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:01 am  Reply with quote

I would love to have that gun, even has stock dimensions that work for me...but like the rest of you, I'm not coming up with that kind of cash.

Citori16
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:04 am  Reply with quote

Neither am I, and so I consoled myself with a new to me 311, as an alternate back-up to the Citori (I’m a tad nervous about the Crescent side-lock stock taking a 1350fps 1-1/8 oz load)…I’ll pretend it has a 3rd barrel that doesn’t work.

BobK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:18 am  Reply with quote

Well for about half the price and 2 barrels not three here is a Christophe for $7,999.

16 GA. SIDE X SIDE BOXLOCK EJECTOR - 27" BARRELS HAVE HAD CHAMBERS LENGTHENED FROM 2 1/2" TO 2/3/4" - CHOKED MODIFIED/FULL - CASE COLORED ACTION WITH ARCADED FENCES AND SIDE CLIPS - HIDDEN THIRD FASTENER - FINE ROSE AND SCROLL ENGRAVING - DOUBLE TRIGGERS - STRAIGHT HAND STOCK WITH TEAR DROPS AND VERY FINE CHECKERING - LOP 14 1/2" TO GROVED WOOD BUTT -DROP COMB 1 3/8" - DROP HEEL 2 1/16" - BLANK SILVER INITIAL PLATE IN TOE LINE - SPLINTER FOREND - BLUEING IS 99% - WEIGHT 5 LBS. 6 OZS.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/shotguns-belgium-double/christophe-16-ga-side-x-side-boxlock-ejector-27-quot-barrels-choked-modified-full-case-colored-action-with-arcaded-fences-and-side-clips-hid.cfm?gun_id=101915314
BobK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:19 am  Reply with quote

Well for about half the price and 2 barrels not three here is a Christophe for $7,999.

16 GA. SIDE X SIDE BOXLOCK EJECTOR - 27" BARRELS HAVE HAD CHAMBERS LENGTHENED FROM 2 1/2" TO 2/3/4" - CHOKED MODIFIED/FULL - CASE COLORED ACTION WITH ARCADED FENCES AND SIDE CLIPS - HIDDEN THIRD FASTENER - FINE ROSE AND SCROLL ENGRAVING - DOUBLE TRIGGERS - STRAIGHT HAND STOCK WITH TEAR DROPS AND VERY FINE CHECKERING - LOP 14 1/2" TO GROVED WOOD BUTT -DROP COMB 1 3/8" - DROP HEEL 2 1/16" - BLANK SILVER INITIAL PLATE IN TOE LINE - SPLINTER FOREND - BLUEING IS 99% - WEIGHT 5 LBS. 6 OZS.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/shotguns-belgium-double/christophe-16-ga-side-x-side-boxlock-ejector-27-quot-barrels-choked-modified-full-case-colored-action-with-arcaded-fences-and-side-clips-hid.cfm?gun_id=101915314
BobK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:19 am  Reply with quote

Rick O
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:24 pm  Reply with quote

..A Duck buddy of mine often shoots a Triple Barrel 12 ga, from Turkey, I think it is..Non Selective, it fires in same order every time and probably weighs near ten pounds with 30" barrels...
Cool gun, shoulders and swings,and I mean Swings nice but I've never had opportunity to try it.
He shoots it well though.