16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  AYA or Arrieta or vintage 16 Ga doubles
Setterchaser
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:13 am  Reply with quote

It has happened. I am now a member of the 16 Ga Unanimous 16 step program. I am shopping for a 16 ga SXS. I have 4 (yes 4) Win m12 Y series 12 ga guns that I am going to sell. Two in IC and two in SK1...all have pretty wood, vent ribs, 26" barrels and original win solid red pads.. and come with the original boxes and hang tags (even have the instruction manuals)...once these are gone I will start a serious search for my very first 16 ga SXS. Looking at the Arrieta and AYA sidelocks first. Pricey but probably nice guns. I also get wet palms looking at some vintage 16 Ga doubles, but having gone that route a bunch, the "project gun" thing is not as fun as it once was. Who woulda thought that a few months shooting a little m12 16 ga could change ones life?

Any suggestions? Anyone shooting AYA or Arrieta 16 ga sidelocks?
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:21 am  Reply with quote

How much money are you expecting to gain, by the sale of your 4 model 12's. I would look for a nice (not project) Parker, Fox, or Smith. If you know some people that have them. Handle a few different ones and let the fun begin, with your quest for the gun of your dreams. New guns are nice, but to me they just don't compare to an American Classic. Wink

Foursquare
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:18 pm  Reply with quote

Have both the brands you mention in 16 and love them.
You didn't specify a price range, but if I were looking for an Eibar 16 right now I'd take a long, hard gander at the Grulla 217RB imported by Harry Marx. www.higradeimports.com

Pete

" .......you have learned patience and stubbornness and concentration on what you really want at the expense of what is there to shoot. You have learned that man can as easily be debased as ennobled by a sport....."